Captain a northern marine 57 from PNWTo FL via Panama starting September ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
O.K. here is another tid-bit the proposed Nic. canal as recently approved is 173 miles long without any locks. Sea Level to Sea Level all the way. Mostly through lake Nicaragua but I would assume that there are some major eco. concerns or maybe its to allow the Lion Fish a route back home.

The way the ice is thinning....maybe I'll offer to bring it the northern route, skip the Panama canal and expenses....

It's only a couple thousand miles more I think but we could fill the freezer with red salmon along the way...:thumb:

I've got lot's of Arctic experience....:D

Wifey B: You're insane...it's freaking cold up there....hehe

Yeah that reminds me. If I was going up that route I'd want to have someone on board who speaks fluent Spanish with me.

Absolutely. And know a bit about the local culture and traditions. Be polite and considerate.

Also, know the rules and laws. Conform to all of them. Have paperwork times many.

And a ships stamp. Some officials seem to have a fetish for them.

It's something I found in business in Central and South America. Very keen on formalities and official looking documents. They expected corporate seals to be used on all official documents.

Another issue is how the ownership of your boat is set up. Many of them do not grasp LLC's. They understand an individual owner and a Corporation but an LLC is a bit odd to them. And they might expect to see documents that show you're authorized to use the boat.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom