The good and the bad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GREGGWESTERFIELD

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
BRILLIANT
Vessel Make
1986 GRAND BANKS 32
First the GOOD:
In the August Soundings Magazine, there is an article about lifetime sailors choosing and restoring a GB32 as the perfect cruising boat for a couple. It is a very nice article bragging about the"baby" of the GB family. The title of the Article is "Choosing Wisely." The web link is:

Choosing wisely | Soundings Online

Now the BAD:
In the September Passage Maker Magazine, there is an article about converting what looks to be a GB36 Sedan into a sailboat. Oh, the horror! The title of the article is "Unclear on Concept." I have looked, but cannot find a link to this article on the internet, so you will have to borrow someone's magazine. It is sort of like watching a wreck on the highway….You do not want to gawk, but you can't resist looking.

Once had a neighbor who replaced the engine in his brand new Porsche with a Corvair engine. More money than brains I guess.

Sailboat? Adding a large keel and a full complement of sail? Or limited to steadying sails? Not sure the OP (or is it me?) didn't read the article closely. Sounds like he's merely moving from auxiliary sailboat to a single-engined trawler.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom