View Single Post
Old 08-11-2014, 08:38 PM   #152
Djbangi

What is interesting about the Fortress is that though it was introduced around 1990 it has enjoyed few modifications (I think the mud palms came in the mid 90s?) but thereafter what you saw then is what you get now. They have also sold more than 500,000 units.

They obviously got something right! In fact they not only got something right - but a lot right. You do not sell 500,000 units of an anchor if it has major problems.

Digressing slightly - I believe the SARCA was introduced in the 90's and again you do not enjoy that sort of longevity unless you have a lot right.

But after only a few years that original batch of newer designs have already been updated - Supreme with the Boss and Rocna also with something without a roll bar (another exciting development to wait for!). And I wonder if they are selling at the rate per year that Fortress appear to achieve? One has to wonder if Fortress (and SARCA) bashing, from some of disciples of other designs, is actually based on any solid basis - or is it just sour grapes (if you shout loudly and often enough it must be right - there is no need to base negativity on fact or even having used one - just keep shouting).
Djbangi is offline   Reply With Quote