Help..Prop Size for 38 Present F-L 135

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mule

Guru
Vessel Name
Florita Ann
Vessel Make
1982 Present
I have a survey (5 yrs) and a pile of records and no where can I find the pitch and size of my prop. I bought this boat without a survey because I know, have known both the boat and owner well. We refit at the same marina for a year. I never knew I would end up with her so I paid the prop size no mind.
So if any of you Present owners out there have a 38 Present trunk cabin with a Ford-Leaman 135 know the nomenclature of your 4 blade prop I would appreciate your sharing. I ASSUME the tranney is 2:1 and I know the shaft is 1.75" but I have nothing on the tranney either....thanks:confused:

Strange to think the prop isn't marked somewhere...

I am sure it is marked, and if it is not a prop gauge would clear it all up. The issue is that I have no inclination to haul the boat or pay a diver to try and eyeball it in the collar...or pull it just for this info, especially when someone here may already have this at their fingertips. There are a few of these boats around.

The prop may have been changed or re pitched during the refit.Soooo,the only way to really know is to check it out.

True, could have been, but I know it was not by PO. All through out 30 years of notes and receipts (detailed) did I find anything about the prop but that it was 4 blade. I am trying to get into the ball park. I have access to a spare that might work..

Last edited:
No. Takers

Hey Mule
If interested in a Present 42, twin 135 Lehmans I think I can dig out the prop size???

Present 42 Sundeck

Thank you for the come back. I have a single so I think you prop size would not relevant to my boat.

Roger that:). Hopefully we can bump this thread around a little bit and get the attention of a Cap'n with a single Lehman.

Present 42 Sundeck

If you want I can run your numbers on a prop calculator and see if your test prop is even close. What prop is the spare?

Can you phototach your gear ratio?

Need all the normal stuff, weight, WLL, hull shape, etc.

I have a spare prop for my 34 Mainship that I was thinking of getting re worked for the Present. It 22x21 which is too much for this drive train I imagine. My photo tach is 70 miles from me currently.....u know how it goes, loaned it out. It will be coming back though. My assumption is the transmission is 2:1. I am going to talk to th PO later 2 day + I have an in water insurance survey scheduled Tues. if the surveyor does not have in his d base, PO does not know and the diver cannot make it out on the boat I might impose on you to run the numbers. Let me use those resources first. Again, thank you for your concern.

Ok, have more to add to the puzzle, the tranny is 2.57 to 1. Anyone out there with a similar boat, FL 135 super, such Hun Fwa, Marine Trader...open to suggestions...With that gear she will take more prop than I originally thought. Rebore from 1.5 to 1.75 is $120.

Back
Top Bottom