Interesting boats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Swoon!!

1944 Ex Admiralty Motor Vessel Auxiliary Ketch
:smitten:

2750998_1.jpg

Last edited:
That is a sweetheart of a boat. Some boats are just "right". To my eye that falls in the "right" category.

:thumb: Same here!

The more I drool/look at it, this boat reminds me of the Krogen 54 - although obviously this fine ship pre-dates the KK by about 40 years!

Last edited:
Now that's a sailboat I could talk the wife into buying. Very cool.

Saw the same boat a week ago in the same place, must be hanging around that area.

Hmmm. I was going to do a "wannabe" windshield photoshop job on it, but it's already got it.:thumb: I agree with Don......it's right.

More:
whites landing 2.jpg

whites landing 3.jpg

whites landing 4.jpg

whites landing 5.jpg

whites landing 6.jpg

whites landing 7.jpg

whites landing 8.jpg

Attachments

• whites landing 8.jpg
    whites landing 8.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 846
  • whites landing 9.jpg
    whites landing 9.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 846
Went to the La Conner Classic Boat and Car Show yesterday.

Here's a VERY nice boat. A VERY nice boat. And I liked it.

For sale at $220K.

Attachments

• DSCF1578 copy.jpg
    DSCF1578 copy.jpg
    193.9 KB · Views: 152
  • DSCF1568 copy.jpg
    DSCF1568 copy.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 162
Went to the La Conner Classic Boat and Car Show yesterday.

Here's a VERY nice boat. A VERY nice boat. And I liked it.

For sale at $220K.

Maybe you can trade with them. :thumb:

:lol:

I spotted this beauty at the Mega Dock in Charleston in 2009 anybody know something about it.

Attachments

• Annapolis trip 002.jpg
    Annapolis trip 002.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 191
Aaaaaaa Eric, man of taste!! Your can entice me with a Portuguese Bridge every time. You can leave the windows as is thank you. Anchor and windless appear in adequacy for the needs. Suspect that the price reflects all of the qualities of a fine boat.
Good photo catch and posting Eric.

Al

steel hull, canoe stern, pilot house, this boat has a lot going for it to me. Would like for the pilot house to be more open to the saloon, but I realize that would impact night ops on overnight trips.

Julie and I liked at a number is boats like this in the Netherlands in the last few years.

We did like them a lot.

Not having the pilot house separate was an issue. The engine room access was even more important in the long run.

Other than this boat being able to do the French canals, the Krogen is a much better all around boat to both live on and cruise oceans.

When my father was a young man there were a lot of boats like Patamar in these three pictures also at the LaConner boat/car show. Notice how narrow they she is and the're not very deep either. Mark would call this boat a "slicer". Most all of this type were powered by 6cyl gas flat head engines. Smooth and quiet. No rubber engine mounts. Very happy at 9 to 10 knots. The sunshade ruins the first pic. Sorry.

Observe in the first pic there's no straight part of the sheer .. a long graceful curve.

The last pic is of a Dreadnought anchor that isn't all rusty. This guy painted his to match his deck. Very classy looking.

Attachments

• DSCF1566 copy.jpg
    DSCF1566 copy.jpg
    199 KB · Views: 148
  • DSCF1567 copy.jpg
    DSCF1567 copy.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 137
  • DSCF1577 copy.jpg
    DSCF1577 copy.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 126
  • DSCF1572 copy.jpg
    DSCF1572 copy.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:
Julie and I liked at a number is boats like this in the Netherlands in the last few years.

We did like them a lot.

Not having the pilot house separate was an issue. The engine room access was even more important in the long run.

Other than this boat being able to do the French canals, the Krogen is a much better all around boat to both live on and cruise oceans.

I had noticed that very few of the listings of these beautiful Dutch steel boats had pictures of the engine installation - I assumed because it was because the engine "rooms" were similar to your typical sail boat (tucked away in a corner).

The KKs certainly are fine all around boats! Though the parquet floors would take some getting used to!

I'm not ready for a "love aboard", "work in progress" 1985 trawler.

I am fine with the "love aboard" part, but the work-in-progress isn't for me. The hull shape is interesting with the "flare" carried the full length of the hull. The portholes look like they are actually angled down a bit. Reverse slanted portholes?

Hull shape?

No see no hull shape .... except above the WL.

I looked for it.

Eric-I was referring to the Bayview link, "hull shape" being from the WL up, a distinct outward flare from above the WL to the gunnels.

Greetings, Now comes this interesting craft. Always looking for a boat that will adapt to our Southern Southeast Alaska waters. Here is one that would qualify in my opion . Salty, steel and the price has to be one that is worth a question with the hoped for outcome of a described estate sale complete in truth!!

1964 George Sutton and Jay Stoddard Power Boat For Sale - www.yachtworld.com

Al.

THD'
I don't care for that weird flair. Like a piece of metal curled over. And no flare at the stem. I would prefer a flare running straight up from the WL. Would increase the volume of the hull w no significant downside that I can see off hand. Perhaps the NA did that to maximize the width of the deck cabin and retain a reasonable walk around deck width. Looks rather bad though.

And Don Nordhavn's are like Land Rovers long on guru appeal and short on style.

Last edited:
That pilothouse is underwhelming. The slab sided look doesn't help either. With a bigger pilothouse and some canvas might add some balance.

Attachments

• 4787408_20140815054317827_1_XLARGE.jpg
    4787408_20140815054317827_1_XLARGE.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 1,076
  • with canvas and larger house.jpg
    with canvas and larger house.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 1,034
Greetings, Now comes this interesting craft. Always looking for a boat that will adapt to our Southern Southeast Alaska waters. Here is one that would qualify in my opion . Salty, steel and the price has to be one that is worth a question with the hoped for outcome of a described estate sale complete in truth!!

1964 George Sutton and Jay Stoddard Power Boat For Sale - www.yachtworld.com

Al.

That was interesting,...wish she was on the east coast,....and wish I was still in the market for a boat.

I have been following that one for awhile.. It is cheap to buy but prepare tour dumpster full of money to bring to standard.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom