View Single Post
Old 08-06-2014, 06:02 AM   #11
Pack Mule
TF Site Team

City: Paris,TN
Vessel Name: William
Vessel Model: Outer reef 32
If you are ready to use the boat and go cruising I would go for as much turnkey as you can afford . We bought our boat 2 years ago . we were not in a covered slip at that time so we rebuilt all the interior and used the boat that summer.Then moved the boat and to a covered slip and took on a big project last winter replacing all exterior teak and building new doors . It was a push to get finished by summer so we could use the boat,but we did and the summer has been great . We only worked on what we had to over the summer so we could use the boat .We have decided to stay in covered slip and take on another project this winter .
Our idea was to buy a boat that !st:we liked ,2nd: we could afford,3rdne that we could do the majority of the projects ourselves .
I'm still working so we couldn't go cruising just yet. If I was retired I would rather be cruising than taking on any big projects. The things you have to do will always be there and that's ok. I have a shop at home and we are only 20 minutes from the boat so a big part of the work was done at home.Everyone's situation is different .Our plan just kinda made more sense to us.We may not ever get to go cruising but we are enjoying the boat when we can and working on it when we want .
Pack Mule is offline   Reply With Quote