It’s Showtime

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Anybody know why they appear to be heading toward the North end of Flores? The Port of Lajes Das Flores is on the South end of Flores. Maybe sea conditions are dictating that course?? Just curious, I've never been there by boat.

Based on the wind direction I'd image he would get the lee of the island for 10+ miles. Looks like 50 +/- miles to go for 1st land for, boy they will sleep like a baby when they stop that first time.

Last report was at 0908 Pacific time. . .that was three and a half hours ago and they were 36 nautical miles off West Coast of Flores. So at 7 kt. . they're real close now, well within sight of land!! :dance:

PS: I see they kicked it up to over 8 kt. . .if they hold that speed they're even closer.

Last edited:
for some reason I have not got an update since 11:50 central... Anyone else getting updates.

Wow...seeing that land must have been glorious! I wonder how their docking will go. Don't burn your lips kissing the Leaman valve cover!

for some reason I have not got an update since 11:50 central... Anyone else getting updates.

No. . .we're all seeing the same. Updates are very sporadic at times. There is No rhyme or reason to the update schedule??

+ it's getting, if not already, dark there. If he's headed to Punta Delgada, there's just a wall there I think. It's a small cove, but I bet it'll feel snug after all that open water.

From the Krogen list serve:

Aug 5 7am
Planned port of entry...Flores, porto das lajes, Azores
12 more hours

Aug 5 3:30pm EDT
We see land on the radar, 25 miles away

The DeLorme system updated again it's still one hour behind realtime. 1248 PCT. and it puts them 20 km off of the North Coast of Flores at Ponta Delgada

five miles from the nearest land, either direction.

Been watching and wonder if the port / marina south of fazenda (southeast corner) is his ultimate destination for this lap? You can see it on the delorme site in satellite view

From 9:30 est time this morning, I had told him good decision to anchor out tonight and make port in the am:

That's why Julie and I do so well together, I feel we never make a bad decision.
When I'm alone on the other hand, it's a whole different story.

Richard Bost sent this message from:
Lat 39.846007 Lon -32.529402

Last edited:
From 3:30 est:

We see land in the radar, 25 miles away.

Lat 39.734577 Lon -31.710898

Been watching and wonder if the port / marina south of fazenda (southeast corner) is his ultimate destination for this lap? You can see it on the delorme site in satellite view

That looks like a good bet.

From 6:03 this evening:

Just sighted the lighthouse on the N tip of Flores.
But I'm actually nervous being close to land.

Lat 39.65823 Lon -31.295178

See post #309 for his first port of call

Last edited:
8:51 pm Tuesday:

In the last few minutes we finally got it (out?) of those sw waves that has continued to build for the last 48 hours.

Lat 39.502598 Lon -31.088112

Currently Dauntless is off the north east coast of Flores

I just got home a little while ago.It's good to see they are,at least, close to anchoring.

At harbor in the Azores:

232323232%7Ffp733%3C5%3Enu%3D3363%3E33%3A%3E57%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D3739576249336nu0mrj

They are there, well done!!!!!!!!
Congratulations Julie and Richard it has been fun tagging along, thanks for sharing,

Last edited:
Perfecto! Great job. The rest will be well deserved.

At harbor in the Azores:

232323232%7Ffp733%3C5%3Enu%3D3363%3E33%3A%3E57%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D3739576249336nu0mrj

IIRC this port is Ponta Delgada on San Miguel Is. They are anchored at Flores Is, something over 350 miles to the NW. Not sure what their plans are but I would want to linger a while, and probably call at most of the 9 Islands. Its a very nice part of the world.

The port of Lajes das flores is a little more. . . how do you say. . . . more rustic than that!! Ha Ha.

Attachments

• lajes das flores.jpg
    lajes das flores.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 110
When the sun comes up in 3.5 hours maybe we can see them on the webcam...:thumb:

Attachments

• 0002.jpg
    0002.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:
Silence

Yes, there they are.....

I would say that the first few moments after securing the boat at anchorage, the sounds of silence were deafening. :ermm:

Congratulations Dauntless, Richard and Julie! What an adventure! We all have followed you and been with you in a way. The anticipation for all of us was incredible waiting for you to set the anchor. Thanks so much for sharing your journey with us. We all kissed the Lehman with you guys!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom