Delivery Boston to Palm Beach

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Anode

Guru
Vessel Name
M/V Scout
Vessel Make
Sundowner Tug 30'
I wanted to post a follow up to the original thread but I see it has been closed.
http://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/s3/captain-crew-reqd-relocate-boat-us-14179.html
A thank you to Phil for contracting my services to move Miko Too from Boston to Palm Beach for transport to Australia. I appreciate the trust and confidence you had in someone you never met and a half a world away.
Also a thank you to Matt and Ken (CaptMatt and KJ on TF) for assisting on the delivery.
A successful (No lives were lost or boats scratched.) delivery on very nice boat.
1347 NM. 13 days (one was weather delay). 1754.8 gal fuel. $4.26/gal aver price.
I got a call that Miko Too was loaded last Sunday eve for transport to Australia thanks to the great folks at Old Port Cove Marina in Palm Beach.
More thanks to everyone at Boston Harbor Shipyard for shuffling things around to get Miko Too in the water for a timely departure.

Chip

Attachments

• DSCN0123 (1024x576).jpg
    DSCN0123 (1024x576).jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 149
  • DSCN0125 (1024x576).jpg
    DSCN0125 (1024x576).jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 130
  • dolphin.jpg
    dolphin.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 138
As the "A" Team would have said, "I love it when a plan comes together". Congratulations on the safe trip. What was your average speed?

To Capt Chip, Matt and Ken - who as reported, just successfully moved Miko Too from Boston to Palm Beach. When I posted the request for interested persons to undertake this voyage, I received a pile of replies, many with wonderful qualifications and references. No easy task to choose people whom you have never met and only have the written word to go by.
These three gents did a magnificent job in delivering the boat, as they said "we will treat her as if she was our own"..... and they did. Many thanks particularly to Chip, Matt and Ken, whom I would have no hesitation in highly recommending to anybody for such a task, but also to all those at Boston Harbour Shipyard and at Old Port Cove Marina. Now in the hands of 7Seas Shipping and looking very much forward to Miko's arrival in Australia in around five weeks.
Again, well done, and thanks to all
All the best to everybody from Down Under,
Phil

Allan - Most of the trip we were rolling along at 11-12kts when offshore. Doing the ditch, we just idled along, more controlled by courtesy than the boats abilities. For those interested our routing was as follows:
Boston
Pt. Judith (via CCC)
Manhasset Bay, NY (Long Island Sound)
Cape Henelopen (NY Harbor then offshore)
Portsmith, VA (AICW)
Dowry Creek, NC (AICW)
Beaufort, NC (Offshore to Mason Inlet, then AICW)
Myrtle Beach, SC (AICW)
Charleston, SC (AICW)
St. John's/Jacksonville (Offshore)
Cape Canaveral (Offshore)
Palm Beach (AICW)

Great job Chip, Matt and Ken, sounds like it was a great trip :thumb::thumb

It was a great trip. Here's some pics I took along the way. KJ

Adios Boston!
1429-albums250-picture1300.jpg

Cape Cod Canal Train Bridge
1429-albums250-picture1305.jpg

Pt. Judith Harbor
1429-albums250-picture1301.jpg

Manhasset Bay
1429-albums250-picture1302.jpg

Brooklyn Bridge - East River NY
1429-albums250-picture1303.jpg

Running Down the NJ Coast
1429-albums250-picture1309.jpg

Cape Henlopen, Delaware
1429-albums250-picture1304.jpg

Indian River Inlet, Delaware
1429-albums250-picture1306.jpg

Coinjock,NC
1429-albums250-picture1308.jpg

Elizabeth River, NC
1429-albums250-picture1307.jpg

The AICW
1429-albums250-picture1311.jpg

Beaufort,NC
1429-albums250-picture1313.jpg

Charleston, SC
1429-albums250-picture1312.jpg

Somewhere on the Indian River, FL
1429-albums250-picture1314.jpg

Old Port Cove Marina, Palm Beach, FL
1429-albums250-picture1310.jpg

Allan - Most of the trip we were rolling along at 11-12kts when offshore. Doing the ditch, we just idled along, more controlled by courtesy than the boats abilities. For those interested our routing was as follows:
Boston
Pt. Judith (via CCC)
Manhasset Bay, NY (Long Island Sound)
Cape Henelopen (NY Harbor then offshore)
Portsmith, VA (AICW)
Dowry Creek, NC (AICW)
Beaufort, NC (Offshore to Mason Inlet, then AICW)
Myrtle Beach, SC (AICW)
Charleston, SC (AICW)
St. John's/Jacksonville (Offshore)
Cape Canaveral (Offshore)
Palm Beach (AICW)

Captain, I sent you a private message regarding a delivery of a 55' pilothouse MY from NH to Miami. Please call me if you didn't receive it.
thanks,
Blake Davis

Captain, I sent you a private message regarding a delivery of a 55' pilothouse MY from NH to Miami. Please call me if you didn't receive it.
thanks,
Blake Davis

I'm interested if he is not or is not available at that time. I'd be happy to email you a copy of my resume.

As a follow up to a long journey...I got this email from Phil this morning.

Hello All, A few photos of Miko Too's exploits. She finally arrived in Newcastle, Australia (about 2 hours by road north of Sydney) and she was successfully hoisted over the side of the MVP Flevogracht. Dave and I spent a couple of days getting her ready and we are now half way through a 6 hour run down the coast to Sydney. All good so far. All the very best to everybody.

Pretty cool...

Attachments

• miko3.jpg
    miko3.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 96
  • miko4.jpg
    miko4.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 100
  • miko2.jpg
    miko2.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 97
Hi Chip,
Glad you enjoyed the photos. After first seeing Miko Too and purchasing her in Boston in February, today's arrival at her berth in Sydney Harbour has taken quite a while and a day we have been looking forward to immensely. Arranging and coordinating the transport half way round the world is a time consuming undertaking. After settling on 7Seas to do the job, now that it is complete, I am happy to give them a 10 out of 10 rating. Nothing went wrong and the communication from them was excellent - they delivered, as promised. Of course the other major undertaking was getting the boat from Boston to Florida to meet the Flevogracht at the scheduled sailing date and Captains Chip Estabrooks, Matt Hahn and Ken Kilby did a magnificent job. Our boat was indeed in safe hands down the east coast of the US and looked after like a baby - our great thanks to those three gentlemen.
I now have a paper trail 3 inches thick and have learnt a great deal about bringing a boat from the USA to Australia. Like most things, lots of traps for young players, second time around would be far, far easier. If I can be of any help to anybody considering a like undertaking, don't hesitate to ask.
Cheers from Down Under,
Phil Newman and Dave Maltby (That's Dave in the picture)

Awesome deal.Congrats on the new arrival.

Back
Top Bottom