Personal Achievement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Moonstruck

Guru
Vessel Name
Moonstruck
Vessel Make
Sabre 42 Hardtop Express
Richard and Julie on the voyage on Dauntless got me to thinking. Their arrival in Flores will be a momentous occasion for them. They have planned and worked 5 years to make this happen. It is a great achievement.

On the other hand, when arriving in a foreign port, even though it may be a great event in your life, it is just another boat in the harbor. I wish that we could have arranged a little welcoming for them to share a little in their achievement.

Don-I agree it would have been nice to be able to arrange something for Richard and Julie. But, even though to others they may just be another boat in the harbor, they each must feel extremely satisfied with their accomplishment as they step ashore late tonight or early tomorrow. It is a huge accomplishment to successfully cruise (not sail!) KK 42 across the Atlantic! It looks like they are about 30KM from port, they should be spotting lights soon. That has to be a pretty amazing feeling!

Dauntless before para vanes . It has been my screensaver for the last week or so.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 98
So right. Don. Shutting down that ole Lehman is the real moment of completion. Wish i was there on the dock. A champagne evening indeed!

Isn't there a florist on the island? Or a bar where we could prepay for a bottle for them?

Can't comment on how the Azores will handle this but it is not uncommon for the marinas in the Eastern Caribbean to let the other boaters know that a boat coming in has just crossed the Atlantic. Usually generates a welcoming committee.

If you do anything count us in.......... So Awesome!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom