Tiny Tug Anyone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And not enough room to stock up on the necessary supply of rum.

RT: Maybe you sleep in the lazarette?

Last edited:
But what we need to know to attach real value is what kind of anchor does she sport?

And are those - GASP!! - forward raked windows?

4747029_20140625155943479_1_XLARGE.jpg

A toy for rich people IMO, cute but impracticable.

I agree except for the impracticable part...toys for the rich are always practical...for some people, $100,000 is just a phone call so what do they care.

I'm an assistace tower and my area covers several of the most expensive shore towns in NJ....what money is spent on is unbelievable as I not only see it...I usually get to talk to the owners and get inside their heads a little.

Some guy took a 40' Topaz sportfisher (I think) and spent at least another $100,000 on some really ugly hardtop extension to the flybridge and complete canvas/clear vinyl for both the flybridge and the cockpit enclosure to make a cocktail cruiser out of her. $50,000 in canvas work and he drove around at 10 knots with a 6' wake burning fuel like he had a pipeline to Saudi Arabia to his dock.

There are thousands of used boats for less than $50,000 that would have fit his needs...he probably had over $700,000 in her and sold her last year for I bet under $100,000 because of the ugly additions.

Last edited:

Interesting observation. An acquaintance of mine that does not know I'm a member, made a similar remark about this forum.

My boat is a toy, it has no practical purpose in life other than to entertain me during my leisure time.

Tad-thanks for posting that cute little tug. It was interesting to me to see the name "Eldredge-McGinnis" (misspelt in the ad!). I haven't seen that name in a long, long time. The first large boat I bought some 30 years ago was an Eldredge-McGinnis design-a 57' cockpit MY, built in 1957. Had twin 6v71's, pretty standard configuration for the time, salon below the pilothouse, galley forward, crew/vbunks in the bow, midships ER and two staterooms behind the ER. It was a beautifully designed boat and beautifully built by a yard in Mass, double planked mahogany on white oak frames.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom