Air filter Perkins t6.354

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Greetings,
What I've read on off road sites; K&N filters are just a step above chicken wire for filtering efficiency. As mentioned we have what appear to be shop vac foam filters on our Lehmans. If ever faced with dusty conditions I would probably opt for aftermarket paper filters as some of you have.

Totally unnecessary unless you are boating in a sand & gravel pit IMO

Inland lakes for now,and will be in some areas that are prone to dusty conditions.

Inland lakes for now,and will be in some areas that are prone to dusty conditions.

And rivers are subject to dirty air from farming and yes the sand & gravel pits. I imagine near shore conditions are reasonable similar.

Greetings,
What I've read on off road sites; K&N filters are just a step above chicken wire for filtering efficiency. As mentioned we have what appear to be shop vac foam filters on our Lehmans. If ever faced with dusty conditions I would probably opt for aftermarket paper filters as some of you have.

I read a similar test which concluded they were crap on many levels compared to pleated paper filters. Restrictive, low capacity, & poor filteration.

And rivers are subject to dirty air from farming and yes the sand & gravel pits. I imagine near shore conditions are reasonable similar.

I hadn't thought about those,but yep.They can produce some dust clouds thick enough to choke a horse.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom