Interesting boats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah!! Now if I were in a place like Alaska, that would be my style, for sure, although I can't say I'm so partial to the bosuns perch.

I've always wondered with rise of remote control APs and shallow water adventure cruising that more boats didn't have this option in the PNW!

$_57.JPG

74 62 Tugboats Equip with A 10 Cyl Fairbanks 2000 HP Engine Fire Fighting | eBay

Now that has potential to be a water borne McMansion yacht.

Saw this at Buccaneer Bay a day or so ago.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 162
Another shot as she was leaving.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 142
Then there's this one...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 183
That was us, headed for Lund to top up on fuel for the boat and cinnamon buns for us. Spent the afternoon anchored at Savary so the widgets could swim, then on to Ballet Bay for a lovely quiet night. Back in the big city now until the long weekend is over, yuk. Spent a day on Thormanby too, but too many yahoos there for my taste.

You should say hello, I'm usually good for a beer (after anchoring!).

Spent the afternoon anchored at Savary so the widgets could swim...

That takes me back! On our paddle south we stayed on the south beach, at the east end. Savary is an amazing place...ever see the teeny get-a-way log cabins there?

Didn't see them, mostly walked the beach while the kids swam. Will anchor on the west end next time as the water taxis mess up the water as they buzz back and forth to the dock.

We were in the lock recently with this boat. This is the stern. All of the steering mechanism is bronze and outside the boat.

Attachments

• Sea-Witch.jpg
    Sea-Witch.jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 177
We were in the lock recently with this boat. This is the stern. All of the steering mechanism is bronze and outside the boat.

Well, I must say Rusty, that you have come up with the most interesting boat.

Man, that one is really weird. What's that hanging on there...a mini swim platform?

I was sure he was in the lock backward until we got really close. It looks like getting to the bow is precarious under the best of conditions.

Unfortunately, we did not get an opportunity to talk them about the boat.

Only 25 grand!
Any takers?

That's an old US Navy YTB. If you buy it, I can help with the engine. I still remember a fair amount about those ND 8 1/8. I'm sure a few others on this board do too.

I know that boat.
It belonged to a man I worked for in the 80s.

As I recall it has an oversized engine w V drive all the way back in the stern. That probably brought about the need for that big trim plate on the stern. Both the engine being heavy, all the way into the stern and having way too much power.

I think it was self righting.

The owners interests went on to steam boats a bit smaller than the Witch.

The Sea Witch has rack and pinion steering. I like it, it's Rube Goldberg gnarly. The mechanical advantage is huge.
Cool old boat!

There has got to be a story to this boat. Looks as though the owner is taking a huge beating to sell it.

2013 Downeast Fly, all aluminum, twin Cummins/Hamilton jets, 2.7" draft, all set up for cruising in the shallows of Big Bend, FL, under 300K:eek:

2013 Simmons Custom Pilothouse Aluminum Power Boat For Sale - www.yachtworld.com

Larry - I like that boat! If the wood work was just a couple shades darker I buy it in a jiffy!

Joking aside... Went through many picts; did I miss picts of her bottom on the hard?? 25 knts at WOT for 1/2 knt per gal could get costly! I wonder what she burns at a bit below hull speed and just on plane, maybe around 15 knts?

1000 HP and 50 gph.....to do 25knots wide open? Woof! I can understand the price drop........give it away.....

1964 75 hp Johnson o/b on swim step. :D

Use those Big Woofers for docking maneuvers. :facepalm:

Some people can actually afford that.

My dad built (had built) a 50' jet boat (sled) with a Kevlar hull and twin 8-71 turbo'd Detroit's and it went way over 25 knots.

The boat "Stikine Princess" was intended to be run on the river of her name to Telegraph Creek. Quite a few people owned her down through the years. Heard stories about her being run over large log jams at speed (40 knots or so) but then stories are stories. The seats were all angled so people could look at the riverbank fly by w/o looking sideways. Dad's idea.

Dad didn't build the Princess for himself but wanted to see high speed boat service on the Stikine River. Several owners made a short go of it but I last saw the Princess in Kake owned by an admirer since launch day. He finally managed to buy her for cheap.

Some people can actually afford that.

My dad built (had built) a 50' jet boat (sled) with a Kevlar hull and twin 8-71 turbo'd Detroit's and it went way over 25 knots.

The boat "Stikine Princess" was intended to be run on the river of her name to Telegraph Creek. Quite a few people owned her down through the years. Heard stories about her being run over large log jams at speed (40 knots or so) but then stories are stories. The seats were all angled so people could look at the riverbank fly by w/o looking sideways. Dad's idea.

Dad didn't build the Princess for himself but wanted to see high speed boat service on the Stikine River. Several owners made a short go of it but I last saw the Princess in Kake owned by an admirer since launch day. He finally managed to buy her for cheap.

Eric - Picts??

Back
Top Bottom