An Anchor Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Bucky
Vessel Make
Krogen Manatee 36 North Sea
I didn't want to hijack the other two anchor threads ongoing, but some one has to say it:

Who better to undertake such a project than us..... the unbiased, completely objective membership here on TF to attract a University grant to do research using the proper sized, randomly selected anchor styles with designated rode or chain sizes and certified tension meters installed. Anchor location bottom specimens can be sent to be analyzed with wave, current and wind data, all to compile an "average" of holding strength and ''average'' reset-ability in "types" of bottoms in "types of conditions in North America. Australia membership would follow suit, then South Amerida, Europe, Asia, etc., forming the World Recreational Vessel Anchorage Authority!

I would like to volunteer for the Mantus and/or Sarca Excel anchor coupled with 600' of 5/8" 8 strand nylon brait and 30' of 5/16" chain for a north coast BC winter storm anchor please :D

Last edited:
I didn't want to hijack the other two anchor threads ongoing, but some one has to say it:

Who better to undertake such a project than us..... the unbiased, completely objective membership here on TF to attract a University grant to do research using the proper sized, randomly selected anchor styles with designated rode or chain sizes and certified tension meters installed. Anchor location bottom specimens can be sent to be analyzed with wave, current and wind data, all to compile an "average" of holding strength and ''average'' reset-ability in "types" of bottoms in "types of conditions in North America. Australia membership would follow suit, then South Amerida, Europe, Asia, etc., forming the World Recreational Vessel Anchorage Authority!

You are truly a sick man....lol

WRVAA, sorry, not "catchy"

WARVA, maybe? World Anchorage (for) Recreational Vessels Authority

Larry, I thought you would come up with some snappy acronym for the new authority. Maybe something like Dysfunctional Recreational Anchoring Group or DRAG. No, that could be misinterpreted. Anyway you get the idea,

Larry, I thought you would come up with some snappy acronym for the new authority. Maybe something like Dysfunctional Recreational Anchoring Group or DRAG. No, that could be misinterpreted. Anyway you get the idea,

Don I happen to be a member of the AAAAA and we have a slight problem with your submission of DRAG.

ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1406599261.941616.jpg

I would prefer a catchier name and would like to nominate the Center for Research of Anchor Properties.

OK, you're all right. I got way ahead of myself. The name is all important. It has to have impact! It has to say who and what we are! It has to represent the way people respond and think about us. Even more, it must covey the whole idea behind why we do what we do. TF Members, I give you the Worldwide Anchor Consumers Organization! We are W-A-C-O !

Naturally, there would be an annual Awards Ceremony. Below is the design for the soon-to-be coveted, "Holdy" Award.

Last edited:
Perfect!!! This should be the Anchor Forum's first sticky.

Oh good lord. I would like to posit that the anchor selection by my redneck friends are a bit much.

DSCN1290.jpg

Poor Craig, since he doesn't use acronyms, he will just have to keep saying Worldwide Anchor Consumers Organization. He just can't be W-A-C-O like the rest of us. Too bad for him.

Well, it only took 8 posts to settle on a name. The anchor part should go quicker you would think.

My sons think I'm a whack job so WACO is probably close enough for them Don.

Larry the choice of anchor atop that trophy my cause strife. I'm thinking especially among that quirky bunch down under, they really seem fond of their local brand.

How about naming the award the "Grabby"? Or perhaps the "Stick It"?

And based on the design of that award your anchor bias is showing. :D

W.A.V.E. World Anchorage Vessel Experiment
I gotta say W.A.C.O. is much better :)

How about:

Holding On Tightly... HOT!

Would work well for Love Birds aboard. Ya know, sayings something like... "We're sure gonna B HOT tonight Baby"!

:D :dance: :thumb:

Larry, About the trophy, the anchor is too small, it's the wrong kind, and you don't have enough chain.

You guys have way too much spare time on your hands. Buy a new boat, that will give you something to do...

Larry, About the trophy, the anchor is too small, it's the wrong kind, and you don't have enough chain.

Now thats just plain.....wrong :)

Present 42 Sundeck

Sorry guys.....it's just that all these anchor threads are heavier than the subject itself. I had to cut loose. Wife says I'm talking in my sleep. No more anchor threads.

Always felt anchoring to be a heavy subject too until I switched to an aluminum Fortress. Seems a much lighter subject now.

Anchors on hand:

30 lb Old-School Danforth brand
28 lb Old-School Danforth brand
22 lb Old-School Danforth brand
14 lb Aluminum Danforth design (good quality) - can't recall brand
10 lb Aluminum Danforth design (junk quality) - no brand
8 lb Aluminum Danforth design (junk quality) - no brand

I'm in a rut!! LOL

30 Pounder... Gotta Luv Dem Danforth Anchors!! :dance:

Attachments

• Danforth.jpg
    Danforth.jpg
    196 KB · Views: 78
After reading the first 20 posts at one time I think WACO is appropriate. Count me in.:dance::dance::dance:

My sons think I'm a whack job so WACO is probably close enough for them Don.

Larry the choice of anchor atop that trophy my cause strife. I'm thinking especially among that quirky bunch down under, they really seem fond of their local brand.

No…we recognise that is the generic anchor symbol, and I'm sure we would be ok with that.

Anchors on hand:

30 lb Old-School Danforth brand
28 lb Old-School Danforth brand
22 lb Old-School Danforth brand
14 lb Aluminum Danforth design (good quality) - can't recall brand
10 lb Aluminum Danforth design (junk quality) - no brand
8 lb Aluminum Danforth design (junk quality) - no brand

I'm in a rut!! LOL

Yup…we'll have to rename you Art. From here on in, you are Sir Dan(forth) the Man.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom