Nordhavn 62, North Vancouver, BC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nordhavn owner 'interview'

Hi Guys / Gals

Last week, we took part in an 'Interview', which some Nordhavn or Trawler types might find useful to accompany a morning coffee,,,

Guest Interviews | WWW.PENDANABLOG.COM

It's just for fun, and was done by James - the owner of Pendana, another N62 owner.

It's been awhile since I last posted to the Forum, so I thought an update may be in order. Since May, 2015, Julie and I have been busy with guests joining us here, in Hawaii, and we've been inter-island cruising KAUAI, and the Big Island. Of course I've also had to go back to work in between all this.

We were fortunate to be asked to take part in a Podcast interview in June, URL's are provided below.

2015/Jun/21: KEEP-YOUR-DAYDREAM Podcast
iTunes: www.KeepYourDaydream.com/itunes

I intend to update our blog with the visits around the Hawaiian islands, sometime this month, and I'll post that up here when it's done. Last bit of news, Jay & I have decided to stay put for another 6 months in Hawaii. We just love it. It feels like home, and we don't want to leave! But we ain't getting any younger so we've rescheduled our departure from Hawaii for March 31st, 2016, bound for New Zealand, (via the South Pacific Islands). ETA NZ - October, 2016.

I was just looking at your blog and wanted to say thanks for the great blog. I was showing it to my wife recently of an example of following your boating dreams.

She just recently began to talk about upgrading our boating goals from our Tollycraft here in North Vancouver. Are you intending to keep your 62 when you return to North Vancouver, or are you going to downsize to a coastal cruiser? (Just wondering if a Nordhavn would be too focused for the more coastal cruising set, though I do have larger dreams) It is too bad we are going to the wrong part of Hawaii at the end of March 2016 or I would be the dreamy guy ogling your boat from the shore. I will keep my eyes open to seen if I can see a 62 steaming out towards New Zealand.

Victor

Hi Victor,

First of all, please accept my most humblest apologies for not getting back to your reply sooner,,, it's been like 17 months!! Where-oh-where-does-the-time-go? And thank you for the kind words regarding our Blog. Our latest update (FIJI) has now been posted (finally) and can been seen here.

Well, we made New Zealand as planned, after spending 8 months cruising around the South Pacific islands. We like that region so much that once we have completed our maintenance period (during the NZ winter season) we'll be heading strait back out to FIJI, or Vanuatu, the New Caledonia, or the Soloman's,,, well, we shall see. We just know that our time here is not yet complete.

With reference to bringing INFINITY back to North Vancouver when we are finishing cruising, Yes - that is certainly the plan as I see it now. The N62 is perfectly suited to coastal cruising as well as crossing oceans. A few other boats have caught my attention for sure -- I love all boats -- (in fact I'm an apprentice Yacht Salesman/Broker). I could imagine myself cruising up-&-down the west coast in something like the Nordic Tug, or blasting around in a twin engined Axopar.

Thanks for your post here Victor. :thumb:

Nemier,

No worries. Always better to be out living the dream rather than sitting on the internet talking about the dream.

Back
Top Bottom