Make your boat self-docking!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, somebody was going to do it sooner or later.

BPA: Boat Parking Assistance - ASTRA Yacht

"In automatic mode, BPA takes full boat's control to perform enter or exit operations, repeating maneuvers recorded when the user was controlling the boat.
Independently of wind and flow conditions, BPA controls the boat at low speed until the requested operation has been completed, always monitoring presence of emergency situations like fixed or moving obstacles."

Bet the fiberglass repair guys are sending in their contributions! :socool:

I pride myself in boat handling but can't help but wonder if you taught it an elaborate pin ball back and fourth landing if it would duplicate it every time :}

Wonder if it can synthesize laughing?

Still, if it really was able to duplicate a real smooth docking, it'd be pretty cool to be sitting out on the boat deck with something that looks like a remote in your hand while the crowd is watching from the dock.:thumb:

Still, if it really was able to duplicate a real smooth docking, it'd be pretty cool to be sitting out on the boat deck with something that looks like a remote in your hand while the crowd is watching from the dock.:thumb:

Or the first time...just put it on auto and blindfold yourself at the wheel and let everyone see that....

Might want a real lookout though...:D

Volvo Penta has a 'hover' feature;

Groovy system, but the forward facing props aren't made for grinding through BC driftwood.

Volvo Penta has a 'hover' feature;

Groovy system, but the forward facing props aren't made for grinding through BC driftwood.

Unfortunately, the system is very effective in grinding it's way through Manatees and Iguanas down here in Florida.

Ah, I don't really think it matters which way your props face. They tend to grind through stuff either way.

Back
Top Bottom