View Single Post
Old 01-02-2011, 07:54 PM   #1
Woodsong
Guru

City: Atlanta
Vessel Model: Bayliner 4550 Pilothouse
best epoxy wood to fiberglass?

What is the best epoxy/adhesive to affix a wood post to fiberglass? *The floor in the forward head of our trawler has had a very minor amount of give in it....not much...a guest would probably not even notice it, but I can feel it. *I am not sure if it is an after market alteration that was done but long story short, one of the floor joists for the forward stateroom/head was cut to allow a recessed fiberglass pan for a built in shower that sits below the teak grate floor of the forward head. *When that joist was cut a 4x4 post was glued to the underside of the joist and then glued or epoxy to the bottom of the hull. *Where the post meets the hull the epoxy/glue has come loose, allowing the post to move slightly and thus the slight amount of give in the floor. *What epoxy/adhesive would you use to cement the post again? **I am going to look at it some more next time I am up at the boat (we went today with the entire family and the dog so didn't have time to ponder it much) to see if I can just reorient the framing and not have to rely on any epoxy at all to hold it but thought I'd see what you all would use in an application as this. *I guess some simple 5200 would hold it, eh?!
Woodsong is offline   Reply With Quote