NovaKool Refrigerator Pricing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bensjoy

Vessel Name
REFUGE
Vessel Make
Performance Trawler 35
I'm thinking of replacing my Tundra TJ80 with a Nova Kool RFU9000 and have been shopping online for best pricing. Best price I've seen was $1580 (Backwoodssolar) plus shipping. Can anyone recommend a dealer for NovaKool?

Pricing for Nova Kool RFU9000 Fridge

The Nova Kool model I am pricing is the RFU900, not the RFU6800
I'm also considering a 110 Volt fridge to be used with an inverter but the dimensions would have to be close to:
53" high
23 9/16" wide
23 13/16" deep
These are the dimensions for my Tundra TJ80 and similar to the Norcold and Vitrifrigo. I like the Nova Kool due to the freezer compartment on the bottom and the cooling vent in the front.

Sorry. I see what it did. I searched for the Nova Kool RFU9000 and when I set it price low to high it gave me the other model.

I installed that model

The Nova Kool model I am pricing is the RFU900, not the RFU6800
I'm also considering a 110 Volt fridge to be used with an inverter but the dimensions would have to be close to:
53" high
23 9/16" wide
23 13/16" deep
These are the dimensions for my Tundra TJ80 and similar to the Norcold and Vitrifrigo. I like the Nova Kool due to the freezer compartment on the bottom and the cooling vent in the front.
I installed that model and had a few problems. As noted the fan vents out through the front which I thought was a good idea,and it probably is. However cold drops and the freezer being on the bottom isn't. I had problems keeping the food section cold enough. I live in a hot summer climate and Nova Cool is based in the Pacific Northwest. Maybe that's why they though it would work. Their customer service is first rate however. The tube that delivers refrigerant to the evaporator in the food section would ice up with a column of ice and the frig would stop cooling. I tried some of their remedies but It never totally was resolved. I also had a problem with the switch which turns on the cooling fan, and had to replace it as well. Novacool was very good about product support through it all. But I don't think the design functioned well in the 100 deg heat we get in the summer.

Last edited:
I figured the last one lasted nearly 30 years why change. I have not heard great things about NeverCold.

Usually that's applied to Norcold.

We have two NovaKool fridges (i.e., not Norcold), and they seem to work very well. Not RFU (upright) models OP is after, though; can't speak to those. I agree with Scary's assessment of their product support. They were very good about answering a tech question I had, and then when I decided to update door seals their tech gave me a price break and also walked me through how best to do it.

-Chris

Last edited:
Yes sir you are correct I meant Norcold refrigeration systems. I do agree with the poster regarding having the freezer at the top in a non fan circulated unit as getting cold air to go up is difficult.

My setup has vents in the rear corresponding to the unit vents as it is the same manufacture and model as the Tundra T-80 it was a direct slide out and in, even the mounting screws lined up with the 30 year old unit. The new unit uses approximately 3.5 to 4.5 Ams to the old units 5.8 to 6 amps. Per my battery monitor.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom