Interesting boats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Actually PS, strangely, without the flybridge, I actually thing the version with the wannabe windows looks the best, don't you think.

I dunno, Pete. I couldn't get the thing looking right until I put some equipment on it.....yeah, equipment....think "equipment".

Attachments

• all equip.jpg
    all equip.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 134
Yea ... Nix on the wannabe windows and yes to equipment.

A mast, boom or crane and a 16' aluminum skiff w a 2 stroke 25 OB.

Good Golly Folks... Pete's boat looks great as it is! - IMHO!

Just 4 S&G... Pete, what's yours and your Admiral's true feelings re your boat's best looking outline? Cause that's what you guys are debating - an - Outline!

So far post # 452 looks best.

I hate the cutesy phony look'in stacks but but visually it has merit here. Please don't do that Peter.

Now that I've gotten a bit used to it the boat IMO definitely looks better w/o the FB. Boats w a raised PH and lower aft cabin do visually work better w/o the FB but the pic Peter chose isn't the best for the purpose.

I saw a pic of a 32 GB w/o FB and it looked great. But the 32 GB looks great anyway. Boats are less toy'ish and more salty looking w/o the FB. Even a commercial boat looks more yachtish w a FB.

C electric's boat looks REALLY good WITH the FB but style wise it's a very special boat.

And re post 441 the wannabe windows look terrible.

Last edited:
I dunno, Pete. I couldn't get the thing looking right until I put some equipment on it.....yeah, equipment....think "equipment".

Wow, yeah…I'll have what he's having…
Luuurve that equipment…

Thanks Heals…

Hey…honey…come and have a gander at this...

Last edited:
Thank heavens I'm much to invested in the boat I've got. I've seen fewer affordable boats nicer than that one, at least from what's visible. I don't even want to read the spec's.

I like it. She'd be a nice boat for up here in the spring fall and winter, but can't imagine being confined to the pilot house or cabin in the summer or warmer climates. Not a lot of outdoors room to hang out.

Yep,...you're sure right about that. I guess when it comes to dreaming about boats, I'm more of romantic than practical, sometimes missing the obvious. When I have to invest money, it's the other way around.

2 boats spotted on Lopez Island.

Attachments

• 2014-06-27 17.44.00.jpg
    2014-06-27 17.44.00.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 151
  • 2014-06-27 17.44.52.jpg
    2014-06-27 17.44.52.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 138
And one from Napa river

Attachments

• 2014-07-04 17.26.30.jpg
    2014-07-04 17.26.30.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 193
I cant get enough of these wrecks.

Attachments

• 2014-07-06 12.24.14.jpg
    2014-07-06 12.24.14.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 167
Thank heavens I'm much to invested in the boat I've got. I've seen fewer affordable boats nicer than that one, at least from what's visible. I don't even want to read the spec's.

If it's too good to be true..... Then it's just right for a day dream!!

A beautiful boat. I don't think many were made, and most were a trawler configuration rather than sail. Jim Backus (of Victory Tug fame) was the designer.

Thanks for the info! I think I've seen one or two on YW before. They are just gorgeous!

Well, I have to say that its definitely an interesting boat. I like the attention given to the wiring and plumbing.

I've been aboard that boat. Very interesting use of space and wood construction. Very modern wood boat. It was about 10 years ago that I saw her.

Only a foot shorter than Willy but burns half as much fuel. Half the weight .... that's all there is to it. Actually Willy's more than twice her weight. Perhaps a 36' Raven would burn fuel at the same rate as Willy. Shows what an efficient trawler could do. How many 36' trawlers do you know burn only 1gph? But I'll bet one of the reasons Raven is light is the fact that she's wood and of modern design and constructions.

Our friend from Brazil will soon be presenting numbers that will make most of us green w envy.

Re the Willard's in post #472 that's my favorite Willard model. I wonder if the box in front of the trunk cabin is for the anchor rode as is the case w Willy.

Last edited:
Hollywood,
"the Swiss Army knife do boats". Exactly.
I don't think it's really ugly though. I think you like boats to be traditional. I think it's attractive in a homespun way. Kinda like a VW Beetle. Nice design but unusual.

Fits the thread title .. interesting boats.

Last edited:
Greetings,
I can't help wonder how long those bolted fastenings, friction fit panels and varnished/coated surfaces will last in a seaway and exposed to the elements.

Greetings,
I can't help wonder how long those bolted fastenings, friction fit panels and varnished/coated surfaces will last in a seaway and exposed to the elements.

Aww, come on RT - tell us what you really think!

Greetings,
Mr. A. I think it is a wonderfully done and neatly crafted vessel with very good use of space but a bit "fussy" for my liking.

Saw these while at Alpena, Michigan marina.ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1405615784.977482.jpgImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1405615827.689144.jpgImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1405615871.439340.jpg

Here's another that caught my eye on the Illinois river.ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1405616186.065831.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom