Impressive wood boat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow--just Wow!

Awesome, while a somewhat overused and under appreciated adjective these days, is entirely appropriate for this boat. Being a lifelong woodworker and builder, I was awe-struck while looking at the pictures, and stand in awe at the planning and dedication required to complete such a task. Perhaps it's not appropriate to ask in this thread, but what are the maintenance requirements for something like this, and what will happen if not maintained properly? I noticed the first haul-out was in two years from launch--is this typical for the first haul-out, and then perhaps a longer period, or would it be a regular 2 year schedule? How seaworthy of a passage-maker is this boat? I could go on and on, but really just want to express my admiration for a project such as this. Incredible!

She's a beauty. I'm almost speechless, it has to a bear on upkeep.
Bill

Greetings,
Mr. f. Impressive indeed. Thanks for posting that. Why Volvo power though I wonder?

The large Volvos are pretty impressive machines. Still use sketchy coolers, but good heavy lower rpm iron.

Greetings,
Mr. S. I fully agree, Volvo does make good machinery BUT it seems factory support for older motors is lacking and parts, if available, seem to be quite expensive. I would think, if building a boat a, a power plant with cheaper more readily available parts might be a more attractive option. Boat's still a beauty though...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom