Jabsco head question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joew2604

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Peterpan 111
Vessel Make
Gulfstar
Head pumps out perfectly, but wont draw in the sea water to flush, I can put a couple of glasses of water in and it flushes fine. Checked out in sea water in hose and it is clear. Any suggestions where to start. Thanks

I have the Jabsco QuietFlush. It has 2 pumps; macerator and raw water flush. The flush pump has an inline strainer that occasionally traps debris, especially when anchored in shallow, grassy waters. Have you check your strainer?

Maybe you have a clogged line. Troubleshoot with a hose to the inlet side of the pump from a bucket of water. If still bad, move line to the outlet side and pump from your normal water source (raw water?) into the bucket. If still bad, I'd suspect a bad pump. Some pumps can be rebuilt.

Jabsco head

Mine is just a manual, straight in and straight out. It just wont pull in the sea water. Pump out is perfect.

Jabsco

It is the standard model still sold in all the West Marine stores for about $170.

Head pumps out perfectly, but wont draw in the sea water to flush, I can put a couple of glasses of water in and it flushes fine. Checked out in sea water in hose and it is clear. Any suggestions where to start. Thanks
Just how did you check the intake hose?

There just about has to be a seacock so is it open? The thruhull could be blocked with debris, plastic bag, etc.

If you're absolutely certain you are getting raw water to the head, you can buy a rebuild kit for the head but for $10 or so more you can buy the entire pump. Replacing the pump is much quicker and easier than rebuilding the existing pump, not to mention dealing with what it's been pumping. ;)

Is there a foot pedal to depress while pumping to introduce raw water for the flush?

I have the same one, things wear and get tired. Putting a repair kit through it is quite easy, it`s good to know how the thing functions, and may find out what went wrong. Or you can just replace the pump unit, as Ron says. You can also buy a replacement barrel kit which includes some other parts.
No foot pedal on mine.

http://www.xylemflowcontrol.com/files/29090_29120-3000_43000-0905.pdf
Here is a link to the manual for that toilet.
If water can get to the toilet and the hose connecting the pump to the bowl is clear,
you've probably got a problem with the wet / dry flush valve. The stem on the cam (#20) can break causing the cam to hold the inlet valve closed. Disassemble the top of the pump and look for problems.

If the boat sat unused for an extended period of time with the wet/dry lever in the dry position, it put a crimp in the flapper valve in the pump (part #21 in the exploded drawing http://www.xylemflowcontrol.com/files/29090_29120-3000_43000-0905.pdf .) Replace it and the pump should start bringing in flush water again. If that's not it, replace the pump...it's only a few dollars more than a service kit.

I GOTTA stop reading forums!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom