No voyage but little river trip

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pack Mule

TF Site Team
Vessel Name
Slo-Poke
Vessel Make
Jorgensen custom 44
Trip to Green Turtle Bay withheld the family 2 weeks ago

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 211
Another pic . The grand kids wanted a dingy ride all at once .

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 110
Thanks Pac I've been look'in for a good picture of Sir William!

Chris is now doing most of the cap rail refinishing. We kicked it around, did much reading and decided to w oil based varnish. The first half (approx) McCloskie's spar gloss and the top coats w Epaphanes.

Willy is on the hard out in the sun.

I'll see if I can find your old thread.

Our launch is out over a month.

I stopped at six coats Epifanes .Probably should have done more , but wanted to enjoy the summer . We thinned the first two coats I think by 50% then a couple coats at 25% the the last couple 15% . My wife got pretty good at the varnish work so I bought a couple of the Epifanes brushes . They are expensive but if you take good care of them they are worth the money .

A fine looking vessel and a good looking trawler to;-)

Pac, She looks great. Wonderful boat, you have done well by her. Always admired that boat when she lived down here in Florida.
John

Man......she sure is lookin good!

Have been admiring William for a while now and love the lines of that beauty. What motor does she have?

Have been admiring William for a while now and love the lines of that beauty. What motor does she have?
It has a Perkins 6.354 . Originally as a workboat I think it had a Detroit .The PO took the old motor out and put the Perkins in thru the roof . The builder built 2 of these 32's and 3 that were 36 ' .He built about 40 26 ft tugs .

Craig ,It has a vberth with wet head and beleive or not a walk thru door to engine room . The ceiling in v berth has good height until you get close to the hull then the deck is the ceiling height .Just the other night or early in the morning one of my stickon command hooks gave it up and a picture fell to the floor and busted, we both set up too quick and now my wife and I have a couple good pop knots on our heads. Now maybe she will consider a KK 42 .:thumb: Just joking ,the boat is a great fit for what we are doiing right now .

You and I are in the same boat(pun intended) as to size expectations. Our small cabin large cockpit boat perfectly suits our usage. I bet she glides nicely along the river.

It rides good but it does roll when the bass boats and big cruisers blow by me . I need to add some weight to old fish hold below the back deck or borrow some money and top off the tanks . 400 gal :facepalm:

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing. Building memories with grand babies! They will remember grandpa's boat!

Back
Top Bottom