LED replacement for Gulfstar lamps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Billylll

Guru
Vessel Name
WIRELESS ONE
Vessel Make
36 Gulstar MarkII
In my 1976 Gulfstar 36 Mark II there are a series of wall mounted lights what appear to be a standard 110VAC light appliance bulb fixture however these run off of 12VDC. Is anyone familiar with these lights? Who makes an LED replacement bulb for there fixtures? I'd prefer not to replace the fixtures just the bulbs. If you know which lights I'm talking about can you point me to a supplier?
Thanks in advance.
Bill

Can you better identify the bulb holders? My IG Edison screw type bulb holders had 25w 12v bulbs in them. I found 3-4w LEDs on ebay, around $ 120 for 10 posted from HK, all five now draw less than one of the original bulbs, and I expect they cost less by now.

I was hoping someone with a Gulfstar could help identify the base. The boats over 120 miles away one way. This is something I'd like to get on ASAP. It looks like a standard 110VAC appliance bulb they do run off of 12VDC. The bulb looks like a single filament standard screw base with a medium sized glass envelope. It's the 1st time I have ever seen this type of bulb used in a 12VDC circuit. Are there any Gulfstar owners that can help me better identify the bulb?
Thanks,
Bill

Possibly an E26/27 type base.
Bill

Thnaks George the base is an EW26/27, I sent them an e-mailing asking if they carry these in the LED vesrion. They do show a 12VDC 40 watt version but it's not LED.
Thanks again to all that have responded.
I'll let you know how I make out.
Bill

Back
Top Bottom