Old 07-06-2014, 12:18 PM   #6
Pau Hana
Guru

City: Seattle, WA
Vessel Name: Pau Hana
Vessel Model: 1989 PT52 Overseas Yachtfisher
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierce View Post
I'll be buying a 37 Tolly within the next two weeks and I assume I will need to insure it before we move it to it's new morage. So any thoughts on who to insure the boat with? I have already applied for a quote from Boat US. Yes I did search the forum.
Insurance isn't required as a condition of vessel ownership unless your lienholder (if applicable) requires it, or your marina requires it.

That being said, a marine calamity can happen suddenly, and the costs involved can escalate far beyond the means of most- especially if pollution and wreck removal are involved.

The greatest advice I offer is to read your policy- the devil is in the details, and there are traps aplenty that you can avoid. Your agent should be able to discuss and explain the policy details so you understand them.

Take price out of the equation when researching coverage- it's a false indicator. Coverage limits must be the determining factor.

I'd be happy to chat when you have time.

1989 52' PT Overseas yachtfisher
Pau Hana is offline   Reply With Quote