Topic drift

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well at least I now have a new song running through my head...

Greetings,
I see your bridge (background out the window) and a Horne....
Lena Horne - Stormy Weather (1943) - YouTube

And I raise you a goat....

tumblr_n2b0rmBEIk1syrv2do1_250.gif

Last edited:
Good question....:D I figured you were the horn guy and you'd know.:)

After three years, I believe my D-2 Kahlenberg horns have fallen below the $20-dollar-a-toot-cost. But what a joy!

The trawler definition thread morphed into old cars and the GPS thread became an ultra light thread. Is this kind of wandering off course the norm on these forums? Even my wife's lunch group eventually returns to the original topic.[/QUOTE]

In this classic drift, bayview a TF newbie, a boisterous, brawling, fun-loving rebel who swaggers into the world of a mental hospital.

Lusty, life-affirming fighters all, the drifter rallies the other patients around him by challenging the dictatorship of the mods. They promotes gambling in the ward, smuggles in wine and women, and openly defies the rules at every turn. But this defiance, which starts as a sport, soon develops into a grim struggle, an all-out war between two relentless opponents: the mods back by the full power of authority, and the drifters, only have their own indomitable will.

What happens when the mods uses their ultimate weapon against the group provides the threads shocking climax.

(With a nod to Jack Nicholson)

I'm getting this thread back on topic.

In answer to your question, yes it happens.

As to your wife's lunch group, I have no idea. However, I'm surprised that it has focus on a primary topic. Guess I just picture groups more like this:

Sybil: I do believe we need to all go shopping together more often.
Rachel: Definitely. Maybe next time to Nordstrom's.
Jane: I was thinking maybe some specialty stores.
Louisa: Did you girls know Julie is having an affair with the tennis pro.
Rachel: That slut. Last time it was her personal trainer.
Sybil: Well she does have good taste. Have you seen that guy's abs.
Rachel: The tennis pro or trainer's abs?
Sybil: Both
Carmen: I saw her going into planned parenthood.
Rachel: Oh my god, you don't think?
Sybil: Well, you know her husband can't perform don't you? Not since he went on meds for his depression.
Rachel: That woman is enough to depress a man.
Sybil: Bet I could get him to perform.
All: Laughing and saying we must do this again soon.

By popular demand here he is again-----The Thread Creep

img_244546_0_6af893214c5f4d13fcbac6f34e8f7705.jpg

Shhhhhhhh, I didn't want anyone to know. I was hoping to put the blame on one of RTF's goats.

Oh yeah, I acutually look better. I didn't have my makeup on in that picture.:D

Greetings,
GOATS? I thought this was about boats....

I don't think I was the one that introduced goats into the thread. I did recognize one of the goats in the video. His name is revenuer, and he doesn't seem to be doing well. He's been trying to exist on a diet of e-mails.:D

They do say that catharsis is good for the soul. And I savored the "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" satire, Andy G. . One of my all-time favorite movies.

Is that what they mean by "jet" "liner"?

Wifey B: And Rambler? Next we'll have Nash? Then Gremlins creeping out from everywhere. Or we'll be running Kelvinators down the road with our Nashes. Well, for education, in 1902, Thomas B. Jeffrey Company, the manufacturers of Rambler, sold 1500, one sixth of all cars sold in the US and second only to.......drum roll please......Oldsmobile.

I thought "imitation was the sincerest sort of flattery". But who wants flat art? I mean, "flattery" is what you do to a cow pie when you drive back and forth over it to make it flater, so it will sail farther when you throw it.

Just don't toss fresh BS into the wind.

Or at the bull. Just say'n.....from experience.

I thought "imitation was the sincerest sort of flattery". But who wants flat art? I mean, "flattery" is what you do to a cow pie when you drive back and forth over it to make it flater, so it will sail farther when you throw it.

Wifey B: I thought Flattery was a Cape in Washington. The northwesternmost point of the contiguous US. Where the Strait of Juan de Fuca (do not try that name by using voice instead of typing) meets the Pacific Ocean. And part of the beautiful area of the Makah Tribe. Great place for viewing ocean life.

Flattery is the opposite of wrinkly.

Wifey B: No, no no no no. I don't want wrinkles. But then I don't want to be flat either.....our language is so complicated....it's as bad as an Almond Joy and Mounds commercial.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom