Boat Closing next week

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PuppyR

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Morning Starr
Vessel Make
Marine Trader DC
Looks like all is done but the signing and paying. Will be closing on our 34 foot 1981 Marine Trader next week.:) Survey done and was very good. Sea trial was flawless. Loan approved just need to sign the papers. Everything for loan will be sent overnight on Monday. Going to the boat on Tuesday. Spend a few days with present owners going over systems and operations then get underway Thursday or Friday. Taking three days to bring her down from Morehead City, NC to Little River, SC. Very excited and a little nervous too.:eek: Advice and counsel on do's and don'ts for a first trip would be welcomed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations!

Congratulations on the new ride.

There is reported shoaling behind Bear Inlet. That is between Swansboro and the Marine Base. Also shoaling reported at the New River crossing. Markers change sides in the Cape Fear River.

Greetings,
Mr. PR. Congratulations. I can easily understand the excitement and the trepidation. I would advise tow insurance (Sea Tow/Boat US). Oh, and don't have a schedule AT ALL!

Awesome! Remember the first rule! No pictures=never happened:). Congrats!

I think I would take an extra day and do a day cruise to shake things down. Go up to Oriental which is about 25 NM away and have lunch at the Toucan Grille (near the free town dock) or M&Ms a block or so away. That way you can take care of anything wrong in a friendlier environment than out in the boondocks. On that route, you will never be more than ten miles from a boatyard- Sailcraft or Deatons in Oriental or Jarrod's Bay and others along Adams Creek.

And of course, make sure your Tow Boat US insurance is up to date.

David

Pup-congrats on the purchase. Here's hopes for a good trip down to Little River!

You wouldn't be human (well, at least a human boater) if you didn't have some jitters. When it comes to being on the open water with your new boat, once you've got some illusion of control, the jitters will pass (and so will the illusion, eventually).

Looks like all is done but the signing and paying. Will be closing on our 34 foot 1981 Marine Trader next week.:) Survey done and was very good. Sea trial was flawless. Loan approved just need to sign the papers. Everything for loan will be sent overnight on Monday. Going to the boat on Tuesday. Spend a few days with present owners going over systems and operations then get underway Thursday or Friday. Taking three days to bring her down from Morehead City, NC to Little River, SC. Very excited and a little nervous too.:eek: Advice and counsel on do's and don'ts for a first trip would be welcomed.

Where in little river will you be docking her?

Windmill: We have a slip at Lightkeepers Marina.

Windmill: We have a slip at Lightkeepers Marina.

that's where I am, but I am currently on the hard in Charleston getting my bottom done. I'll look you up when I get back. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom