• Trawler Forum Classified Posting Guidelines
    • We expect ads placed to be related to the topic of this forum.
    • Ads that are inactive for 180 days or longer may be moved to the Classified Archive and locked. Ads may be relisted if the item is still current. Alternatively, owners may contact a Moderator to reinstate an archived ad.
    • The Classified section is for advertising, members are asked to refrain from posting discussions to a Classified Ad. Please start a discussion thread or PM the owner for discussions.
    • Do not hijack another member's ad by posting unsolicited commentary. Example: if a member has posted an ad offering an anchor for sale, don't add a post to his thread stating that you have an anchor you'd like to get rid of also. Posts deemed as unsolicited commentary may be removed.
    • For your own security, do NOT include your e-mail or phone number in your ad. Instead request that interested parties contact you via PM (private message) to provide owners contact info.
    • Brokers, Dealers, or those with a commercial interest in a sale are prohibited from posting in Classifieds.
    • Only Trawler Forum Commercial Members may post ads in the Commercial section. You must be a designated Commercial Member to start threads in this section of the forum. (Contact a moderator if you have questions about this)
    • Don't post links to commercial sites where you are also offering the boat, such as eBay, Craigslist or Yachtworld, etc. unless it contains a more in-depth description, additional information or pictures.
    • Place only one ad per item (you may repost only when your ad has expired and been removed).
    For Sale ads MUST include:
    • Asking price
    • Clear statement whether you are the owner or non-owner (posting for friend, relative, or acquaintance)
    • Don't forget to select: FOR SALE, WANTED or FREE in the Title block.
    All ads should also include ALL the following:
    • Pertinent maintenance and condition information
    • Exterior picture or pictures
    • Interior picture or pictures (boats)
    For maximum impact & exposure, it is suggested the Ad Title include: Year, Manufacturer, Model, Length, Price, and Location or at the very top of the ad body. When your item has sold or the ad is no longer relevant: Please post a Reply to the ad that the item is SOLD or click "Report Post" on post 1 of the thread to ask a moderator to archive the ad. Ads may be moved or removed by our staff at any time for any reason. All ads must comply with site rules. Thanks for your cooperation.
  • Avoid Scams.

Our classifieds are free and anyone registered here is welcome to post an ad.
    Be aware that there are unscrupulous folks out there. Avoid any interaction that seems odd to you or �feels� wrong. Inquiries from unknown buyers, buyers �agents� and other non-traditional approaches should be treated with extreme caution.

Beware of unsolicited contacts offering to put you in touch with someone else who is buying or selling via e-mail or text.

Do not post your e-mail address or phone number in a classifieds ad.

Hints that you may be dealing with a Scammer:
    • Seller or Buyer approaches you via a direct email or PM and then steers you to an off-site communication method (text or email).
    • No posts or very few forum posts.
    • Recent forum membership
    • Insists on conducting negotiations via email or text rather than PM
    • Requires payment via Bank Transfer, BitCoin/CryptoCurrency, WesternUnion or other unsecured method.
    • Buyer or Seller suggests Paypal "Friends and Family" payment. Paypal is a good way to arrange payment but an invoice for goods and services should be used rather than "Friends and Family". "Friends and Family" avoids fees BUT there is no recourse if the transaction runs aground. Friends and Family is for gifts only. There is no protection for Friends and Family transactions, so never ever use it to buy something.
    • Declines to allow viewing the item before proceeding with the transaction.

For Sale: Must sell. 34 Mainship Mk1 , 1978 $20k OBO

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DigitalMD

I have a 1978 Mk1 34 with re-engined Perkins Turbo. Bow thruster, full canvas. Near Annapolis, MD. For the last year I have not been able to use the boat due to illness and I need to sell it. It's mechanically good, it needs TLC.
I am asking $20,000 OBO as is.

Mainship 34 Mk1 Trawler , built by Silverton / Mainship 1978
· Westerbeke Marine generator engine 3 cylinder diesel 5kw
· Extended Flybridge
· Re-engined in 1985 with more powerful Perkins marine diesel T6.354.4 240 Hp turbo
· Has original inside layout
· Full size V-berth with single bunk above
· Queen size sleeper sofa
· Electric Bow thruster
· Spare Prop
· Basic electronics, VHF, GPS Chart, etc.
· Custom, full flybridge enclose and canvas, plus matching weather cloth
· Swim platform
· New electric flush toilet
· Pressurized water system
· Full standing / seated shower
· Dual power marine refrigerator
· Dual cycle electric air conditioner / heater
· Basic engine / generator service spare parts, filters , etc.
· Dripless shaft seal on prop shaft
· Pilot position on flybridge and inside salon console
· Twin 6 volt golf cart batteries for house / backup start
· 12 volt marine batteries for generator starting and bow thruster
· Battery switch / combiner
· Upgraded alternator on main engine.
· Shore power battery charger for all batteries
· Electric stove / oven. Microwave.

I believe the boat is very usable with minor repairs and maintenance. A few things need immediate attention, such as the generator water pump. Others are optional, but I noted them as I had them on my punch list.

TLC needed and other notes:
· Generator needs water pump seal
· Two areas of “soft deck” one on port front of flybridge, another on starboard foredeck about 2/3rds forward.
· Bilge pumps / float switches should be checked / replaced. Parts are on boat but not installed.
· Engine heat exchanger core needs to be removed and cleaned. Engine temperature rises when at full power.
· Needs bottom and prop cleaned and bottom paint re-applied
· Toilet does not flush properly because there is a blockage in the PVC from toilet to holding tank.
· Anchor rode is aging and should be checked /replaced soon

Bill Hughes
digital_djs@hotmail.com
443-333-1145

Somewhat of a project boat, as you have noted, but for that price I would think someone might be interested.

Pictures? Good luck with the sale.

Photo

Photo of boat for sale.

Attachments

• Knot2Fast.jpg
    Knot2Fast.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 551
Last edited:
I hope your user name is based on the modern connotation and not the traditional. :eek:

Good luck with your sale!

Nice paint job! I'll bet that cost all of 20k in itself..

It looks like a nice boat however soft decks are or can be a major issue even at $20k.
Is this price firm are and do you have a recent even value survey?
Bill

Decks are easy to fix, just mostly labor. I did many areas on my "ex" Mainship 1.
The heater core is the big dollar item here if it does not come apart without damage.

For the heat exchanger, it may be as simple as doing a good backflush to remove debris and old impeller fins. That would be my first effort. Aftermarket and OEM replacement parts are available from TAD, Orca, Go2Marine etc.

Just wondering where the boat is located and if you have any pics that show it's current condition?
Thanks,

I am not in the market myself and I do not know this boat but I agree that it looks like a decent deal. Good luck

Located near Annapolis, MD, on the Rhode River.
I am lowering the price to $12,000 I really need to sell and move on.

Located near Annapolis, MD, on the Rhode River.
I am lowering the price to $12,000 I really need to sell and move on.

It's hard to believe no one has jumped on this. I like your straight up, honest approach. Good luck!

1983 Present 42 Sundeck
Lehman 135 Twins

Is the boat still avail? Do you have more pics?

Is the boat still avail?

At that price there's no reason at all why it should be. If it where located in California I would have paid cash without a survey the day he dropped the price, and I'm not even in the market for one.

It was high on my list when I was looking for "trawler" style boats. Having owned a 1993 Mainship 40 SB for 8 years it was a fairly sound boat for it's intended use. Too bad my use changed or I would still own it.
Bill

Still available , now at best offer.
yes, as is, and yes its a project, but the mechanicals are good and the hull is sounds.

I have a 1978 Mk1 34 with re-engined Perkins Turbo. Bow thruster, full canvas. Near Annapolis, MD. For the last year I have not been able to use the boat due to illness and I need to sell it. It's mechanically good, it needs TLC.
I am asking $20,000 OBO as is.

Mainship 34 Mk1 Trawler , built by Silverton / Mainship 1978
· Westerbeke Marine generator engine 3 cylinder diesel 5kw
· Extended Flybridge
· Re-engined in 1985 with more powerful Perkins marine diesel T6.354.4 240 Hp turbo
· Has original inside layout
· Full size V-berth with single bunk above
· Queen size sleeper sofa
· Electric Bow thruster
· Spare Prop
· Basic electronics, VHF, GPS Chart, etc.
· Custom, full flybridge enclose and canvas, plus matching weather cloth
· Swim platform
· New electric flush toilet
· Pressurized water system
· Full standing / seated shower
· Dual power marine refrigerator
· Dual cycle electric air conditioner / heater
· Basic engine / generator service spare parts, filters , etc.
· Dripless shaft seal on prop shaft
· Pilot position on flybridge and inside salon console
· Twin 6 volt golf cart batteries for house / backup start
· 12 volt marine batteries for generator starting and bow thruster
· Battery switch / combiner
· Upgraded alternator on main engine.
· Shore power battery charger for all batteries
· Electric stove / oven. Microwave.

I believe the boat is very usable with minor repairs and maintenance. A few things need immediate attention, such as the generator water pump. Others are optional, but I noted them as I had them on my punch list.

TLC needed and other notes:
· Generator needs water pump seal
· Two areas of “soft deck” one on port front of flybridge, another on starboard foredeck about 2/3rds forward.
· Bilge pumps / float switches should be checked / replaced. Parts are on boat but not installed.
· Engine heat exchanger core needs to be removed and cleaned. Engine temperature rises when at full power.
· Needs bottom and prop cleaned and bottom paint re-applied
· Toilet does not flush properly because there is a blockage in the PVC from toilet to holding tank.
· Anchor rode is aging and should be checked /replaced soon

Bill Hughes
digital_djs@hotmail.com
443-333-1145

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom