mast fitting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jimhale

Has anyone seen a mast fitting such as the one pictured here? I am looking online and can't find anything else like this. My 1978 34' CHB trawler has no mast, so I'm resigned to having to build one myself.

Attachments

• fitting.jpg
    fitting.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 81
looks just like mine...

Doubt you'll find the other half easily and mine is custom to the mast as it has 2 straps that run up the mast a foot or so.

I'd check sailboat salvage, get a mast step and use a cut down alumnum sailboat mast.

I have an aluminum step, mast and boom...just waiting for the year that project makes the list.

Attachments

• IMG_0091.jpg
    IMG_0091.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
mast step

Do you happen to have a photo of your mast step, by any chance?

A welding shop that works with aluminum should be able to make you something similar, plus the parts that go with it.

Has anyone seen a mast fitting such as the one pictured here? I am looking online and can't find anything else like this. My 1978 34' CHB trawler has no mast, so I'm resigned to having to build one myself.

Are you thinking of wood? ....or why not just go the simple way and look for an old sailboat rig as aluminum and stainless fittings are widely available rather than a bunch of custom stuff for a homemade mast.

Thanks, everybody

I found my mast, getting it shipped up from Seattle, and then will find (or have fabricated) a fitting to mount it on my boat.

looks just like mine also 1977 m.t. d.c. The part that fits into the mast is round with a flange at the bottom that would fit into your bracket

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom