OZ Sports Stars

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BruceK

Moderator Emeritus
Vessel Name
Sojourn
Vessel Make
Integrity 386
A tale of 2 Aussie sports "stars".
1. At Wimbledon, Nick Krygios, age 19, 200+ in world tennis ratings, wild card entrant, triumphs over world no.1 Rafa Nadal in 4 sets. He seems a nice guy, ambitious, confident,very fit, a hard worker at training, decent supportive family, and a wonderful player never fazed by the crucial points in the game. May he go far.
2. Todd C, Rugby League footballer with quite a rap sheet/lots of form, loses his Club contract worth $3M, after a pic of him "bubbling" appears on social media. Great display of great body flexibility, stream pressure, length, aim, hand/eye co-ordination.
Definition: "Bubbling", derived from public water drinking fountains here called "bubblers", is drinking your own urine, direct, without collection first in a cup.
The moral from "2" for TF members. Shipwrecked, drifting in a lifeboat, lacking both water and a cup, hydration is still possible.

Greetings,
When I read the title of the post I thought it was going to be about this Australian "sport"....
th

Good grief, as soon as I opened this thread an add popped up in the box above the Trawler Discussion panel advertising portable toilet hire!

Talk about the all pervasive big brother.

Greetings,
When I read the title of the post I thought it was going to be about this Australian "sport"....
th
Barry Humphries, alter ego of Dame Edna Everage pictured, has reportedly retired the lovely Dame Edna character. However, Dame Edna has had more "retirements than Melba" (reference to Dame Nellie Melba, famous Aussie opera singer who retired more than once).

Good grief, as soon as I opened this thread an add popped up in the box above the Trawler Discussion panel advertising portable toilet hire!

I get a pizza ad........ not looking good for Dominos right now.

I get a pizza ad........ not looking good for Dominos right now.

Hmmm, Sports bras and a food canning system ad for me... I wonder what Freud would say about this?

Hmmm, Sports bras and a food canning system ad for me... I wonder what Freud would say about this?
Google connections can be frightening, as frightening as the amount of tax they don`t pay here. Food canning?? I could understand a Coke ad, "the pause that refreshes".
I believe Todd`s pic was taken in a toilet, so that figures. Wasn`t there a tap? What was he thinking?
Maybe we are too hard on Google. Imagine the Advertising/Event Correlation Team meeting. "What do we push if some Aussie guy pees in his own mouth and drinks it?" "Gee,that`s tough, let`s see..."
Tonight/early tomorrow morning (our time) Krygios plays Milos Raonic who lives in Canada,theoretically an easier opponent than Nadal, but then Nadal probably thought he had good prospects against Krygios.

Last edited:
Google conking?
. "What do we push if some Aussie guy pees in his own mouth and drinks it?" "Gee,that`s tough, let`s see..."
T

Mouthwash!

In this country, he'd be the next 'progressive' mayoral candidate for NYC. (It's important to be inclusive.)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom