New guy from Greenland

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

twirk

Veteran Member
Hello from Greenland!
I'll jump right in. I signed up for this forum because I am looking at purchasing a steel hulled fishing boat and converting it to a pleasure boat and will likely have a million questions along the way.

I've been poking around this forum a bit, and it seems everyone is helpful and polite. I like the vibe :thumb:

I'll be looking at the fishing boat tomorrow, and I'll post about it in the appropriate forum in a bit.

Nice to be here, and rainy greetings from Greenland everyone!

Welcome! What size is your prospective boat? Sounds like a good project.

Bob

Hi Bob,
I've actually written a post about the prospective boat in the general discussions forum, but it's not showing up yet. I think it is awaiting moderator approval.

I will be looking at the boat tomorrow, but I have no information about it yet apart from having seen it in person and snapped a few photos of it. It is an old steel fishing boat.

I don't have any experience with steel boats and would appreciate tips and advice of what to look for and what questions to ask when I meet up with the seller tomorrow.

Maybe I can post the photos here too.

Thanks for the welcome!

Last edited:
uploadfromtaptalk1404107377956.jpguploadfromtaptalk1404107391263.jpg

Welcome from British Columbia, on the boat right now and moored at Centre Bay Yacht Station on Gambier Island.

Welcome, twirk.

Here's a link to twirk's post about his potential boat. Good luck checking out the boat. Hope it's all you're looking for. I'll look forward to your report on how it looks...and smells. ;)

Yes, welcome aboard the board Twirk. By the way, in light of a recent threat about what makes a boat a trawler. Well, let me tell you, there will be absolutely no argument there as far as your plans are concerned if you proceed.

Don't know Pete, Twirk's boat looks more like a trawler than your boat or mine.:whistling::whistling::whistling:

Welcome aboard Twirk.

Don't know Pete, Twirk's boat looks more like a trawler than your boat or mine.:whistling::whistling::whistling:

Welcome aboard Twirk.

You being cute Marty, cause that's what I just said…only differently...

Thanks for the welcomes folks.

Here in Greenland we would call that boat a kutter. The word trawler is reserved for larger fishing ships that have ramps of the rear for trawling with nets. But I understand that might be a touchy subject to start that kind of discussion on this forum? ?

MurrayM have you been to Greenland?!

Flew into Sonderstromfjord once, from Iceland. Spectacular and strange, nearly flew into the top of the icecap at 10,000' because of snow blindness but saved by a weather station! Wrong forum for that. I did see a huge number of icebergs!

Flew into Sonderstromfjord once, from Iceland. Spectacular and strange, nearly flew into the top of the icecap at 10,000' because of snow blindness but saved by a weather station! Wrong forum for that. I did see a huge number of icebergs!

Cool! Yes, you can see some pretty spectacular views from an airplane when flying over/in to Greenland. Glad you didn't crash!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom