Fuel system vac gauges

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Northern Lights II
Vessel Make
Bayliner 3870
I bought a couple of vac gauges that have inches of mercury scale. Can anyone tell me a reasonable reading where I should change the filters? I have Dahl filter / water separators, than you

FWIW, as I recall on the Racor gauges they start going into the red at 10 inches of mercury.

Thanks Bill, I hope to avoid running till they plug to find out, I normally change at 100 to 120 hours. The boat I delivered had them and they worked very well, after some rough water on Huron one gauge started climbing and 3 days later the engine (DD 8v71) started to loose power. I didn't pay close enough attention to the gauge reading at the time and I did notice that even when not running the gauges maintained their reading.

Ron, I think you will find using vacuum gauges that you will change fuel filters less often. I did change filters on a regular schedule, but now change far less often. My gauges have a "following" needle that stays at the highest point registered. They are super great to have.

Here are the gauges I have. Home

If you like them, contact Capt Tim there. He also owns Florida Marine Diesel Service, and services my boat. No affliation, but if Tim does it, it will be right.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom