View Single Post
Old 06-27-2014, 08:03 AM   #10
Capthead
Guru

City: Long Beach, CA
Vessel Name: Heads Up
Vessel Model: Grand Banks 42 Classic
Mine has a timer and when I leave the boat I run it. When I come back I open all doors and port lights to air the boat out. It only takes about 15 min and you can tell the difference.

I was the manager of a car dealership and we took in trade a car the lady had left pooped in diapers all over the back seat, floor, under the seats and where ever she could toss one. My desk manager wouldn't drive it for his appraisal. I told him to book it and hit it 2000 back of book. We made the deal and she drove out in a brand new car.

I asked the porter to take the car to the bone yard and he opened the door, took a whiff and ran back in the dealership saying he couldn't drive the car. I finally got him to open all the windows and after airing it a bit he drove it back.

We cleaned it thoroughly but the shit odor was horrible. No wholesaler would buy it. We had venders come by and sell us perfume bombs that change the odor and eliminate bad smells for 80 bucks a pop. We spent 240 and the car still stunk.

I finally went to the owner and told him we needed to buy an ozone generator. He agreed and I bought one. This was 1994 and they were around 400 then for a good one. When it came in I took the car near a plug in and ran it 6 hours then I started the car and put the AC on max and ran it another 30 min. When I took it out, rolled the windows down and went back in 30 there was no odor. In fact, the car had no smell at all.

That was a Thu and we sold the car that weekend. It never came back.

They work!!! I had owned my boat since 91 and took it to the boat. The PO smoked so much the headliner was brown, not white. We did everything to get the smell out. One day of the ozone generator and the boat didn't smell anymore.

They Work!!!
Capthead is offline   Reply With Quote