Location of the old Gulf Star yard?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

On The Rocks

Vessel Name
On The Rocks
Vessel Make
Gulf Star MKII
I'm in St. Petersburg for the weekend and was thinking about tracking down where the original Gulf Star boatyard was. Does anyone know the address?

Also, I've always wondered what happened to the hull molds? Sorry, I probably should spend more time thinking about less obscure things. ?

I'm pretty sure it is where Lazzara Yachts is today, same family. Don't recall if they moved since 1976.

Production Facility Inquiries: +1 813 839 0090
Production Facility Location: 5300 West Tyson Ave. Tampa, FL 33611

According to old brochures, 4400 60th Ave. North, St. Petersburg, FL, which is--more or less--in the middle of Pinellas county. I'm pretty sure that they were located in Pinellas county back in the day, and not on the Tampa side of the bay.

Hmmm... Just found another brochure that lists the address as 6101 45th St. North, St. Petersburg. That's in the same general area as the address above.

And then finally one that says sales offices at 101 16th Ave. South, St. Petersburg, which is down by Salt Creek.

So, I guess, take your pick. But for my money, I'm pretty sure the address near the intersection of 60th Ave. N and 45th St. N. is where the old production facilities were.

Last edited:
My recollection is the Salt Creek location.

Got this from the Gulfstar Owners Association on facebook.

Attachments

• Gulfstar( Lazarra) History.pdf
    606.5 KB · Views: 122
My recollection is the Salt Creek location.
after gulf star closed down, Viking was building there motor yachts there until 1989 I was a delivery capt for Viking, they used to bring the 72 footers on a trailer to salt creek and put them in the water and then put the top on them it was something to see, they could not put the top on at the factory because of the height.also there was no water at the factory to launch them.i would sea trial them and if everything looked good I would run them up to new jersey. in those days it was with just a compass for the trip not all the fancy stuff they have today

Back
Top Bottom