New Kadey Krogen Manatee owner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CoolBeans

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Cool Beans
Vessel Make
36 Kadey Krogen Manatee
Hi, we purchased our Kadey Krogen Manatee the end of April 2014. We just returned from a 6 week check out cruise in the Keys. Love the boat! We're now docked at our home port for about a month to do some reprovisioning, have a renaming ceremony and visit the grand kids. We hope to leave for the Keys in late July and spend the month of August diving for lobster. We' like to know if there are any other Manatees spending the glorious summer months in the Keys.

Congratulations! Welcome to the forum.

Ted

Congrats welcome, the 36 Krogen is a very nice boat. I like the upper enclosed helm.
Best of luck with her.
Bill

The Manatee probably has more living space than any other 36 footer. Congrats on your new boat!

You'll probably hear from a fellow Manatee owner named Healhustler. He's usually a great guy and you can take him at his word, just don't believe any pictures he posts...especially any of me. He has an evil talent, I tell you. You have been forewarned!!

Welcome ColdBeans- Love the handle! Manatee is on my dream list:thumb:. Just had a conversation with HealHustler, a poster of impeccable reputation for the truth, proven by various photos submitted over time.:D On the other hand, you will always learn good stuff on the various forums no matter that it is not an issue with your boat. In those conversations FlyWright will be a worthy source to hear.:flowers: Great folks on the forum. Pitch in when ever.
Al Ketchikan )Bridge to Nowhere) Alaska

Ah, yes. The lure of those sleek, graceful lines....yes, as a single guy the pugnacious 29' had everything I needed, and as you can see by my avatar, I was smitten by the 36, but after capturing this long distance photo of the illusive 40', I continue to dream.:smitten::whistling:

Attachments

• Manatita 29.jpg
    Manatita 29.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 159
  • Illusive Manatee 40.jpg
    Illusive Manatee 40.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 436
Larry that 40 looks awesome. These are beautiful vessels with great lines and have very practical helms for operating in all conditions.
Bill

Billy: I think you're absolutely with the consensus of our lovely membership, although I have to admit that when I get waked by a big sport-fisher, I have to hang on to my lunch and my helmseat.

Ah, yes. The lure of those sleek, graceful lines....yes, as a single guy the pugnacious 29' had everything I needed, and as you can see by my avatar, I was smitten by the 36, but after capturing this long distance photo of the illusive 40', I continue to dream.:smitten::whistling:

healhustler can be a great source of information. That is until he leaves the Manatee Zone. As you can see when out of the zone his pictures illustrate how his thinking has gotten out there somewhere in space.

As far a flywright is concerned, he can sometimes leave the reservation entirely as shown by his flamboyant attire.

Welcome to TF. As any other forum. You will filter the info, and use your best judgement.

As far a flywright is concerned, he can sometimes leave the reservation entirely as shown by his flamboyant attire.

Ha! Not that there's anything wrong with that!!

From today with Bay Pelican on the Napa River.

img_242802_0_4b15925cee293c469fbceaa987f3bf62.jpg

Sure, that's the photo they share on TF, but don't under-estimate these two suave and sophisticated chick magnets. Here's the one from their Facebook page.

Attachments

• dressed.jpg
    dressed.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 155
LOL!! I've never looked better! Classic Healhustler. SeewhatImean, CoolBeans?

Why do I get the feeling that I am being used as the straight man here?:ermm:

Cool Beans...who's Manatee did you acquire? At least three have changed hands this yr.

Windmill...what was the name of the boat that lost its engine & what is he replacing it with?

Cool Beans got the best of the bunch, but he was really fortunate. Only one left for sale here in the East. Still three on the West Coast. Maybe the good thing is that enough of them are going to less traditionalists, that is to say, owners whom are not against modernizing the boats. Remember, it was only several years ago that I got some flack for removing my waste stripe. We have to face the facts that we've got old boats here, and well thought-out mods during repair or reconstruction can improve the boat without devaluing it.

We have to face the facts that we've got old boats here, and well thought-out mods during repair or reconstruction can improve the boat without devaluing it.

I could say something sexist about our ladies....but I won't.

Last edited:
Cool Beans...who's Manatee did you acquire? At least three have changed hands this yr.

Windmill...what was the name of the boat that lost its engine & what is he replacing it with?

Boat name was Swannee.

Boat name was Swannee.

Swannee was just back from the Bahamas and hung out here at our tiny marina here in Stuart, FL. I have to say that Bob did get the best of all bargains on that boat, but as you said, he knew the condition of the engine. Bob's a darned scrappy guy with good mechanical knowledge. He'll have that boat back on the water in no time.

Here's Bob and his Admiral leaving the marina.

Attachments

• swanee2.jpg
    swanee2.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 168
  • swanee1.jpg
    swanee1.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 198
Last edited:
I'm glad healhustler didn't catch me wearing my prom gown...

Last edited by a moderator:
Swannee was just back from the Bahamas and hung out here at our tiny marina here in Stuart, FL. I have to say that Bob did get the best of all bargains on that boat, but as you said, he knew the condition of the engine. Bob's a darned scrappy guy with good mechanical knowledge. He'll have that boat back on the water in no time.

Here's Bob and his Admiral leaving the marina.

That's her! He is now located at Ross Marine in Charleston SC. I told him good luck with the engine and not to be there when I come back to get my boat from getting a bottom job. Real nice guy.

Manatees have always been highly thought of and for good reason. I hope to see a change in new boat manufacturing what with $4 diesel. Congrats.

Sorry to jump in here but I have no clue and would love some thoughts on what a reasonable price would be on an '85 with a 2011 Volvo d3 (500 hrs) and brand new 5k westerbeke (20 hrs).

Since 2011 we've heard of KK36s go from ~$90K that needed a lot of mechanical & cosmetic work (we spent 24 hrs aboard inspecting) to $150K for one of the better ones. A low time newer engine & new gen are a big plus. When we purchased HJ in 2011 we made a well researched offer per sellers description, our research of the recent sales & our pre-survey observations. Post survey we amended our offer to cover cost of survey discrepancies. We've been very happy & if we ever get HJ to FL we'll add Healhustler's aft porch hatch & relocate the gen.

We came out of a newer SR340 & have loved the spaciousness of the KK36. Different boats for sure.

Thx..btw, where were you able to research recent sales? That would be helpful in my search, which is just getting started. Oh, nice boat name... It's a small coincidental world out there. ;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom