"Open Mike"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have 18,000 hours and have flown jets all over the world and never encountered a phantom controller. I have been shot at and been illuminated by lasers, but never given bogus instructions by a phantom controller. I have been given bad instructions by real controllers...but that is a whole other subject.

They're rare, but it sometimes happens. We had a case south of Scottsdale Airport near PHX where a disgruntled resident would transmit commands to aircraft inbound from the south. He was never caught to my recollection, but we looked for him. I was there for one of the transmissions, but he then went silent.

Bad instructions from a real AT controller? Never happens, right? (JK, used to be one myself.)

They're rare, but it sometimes happens. We had a case south of Scottsdale Airport near PHX where a disgruntled resident would transmit commands to aircraft inbound from the south. He was never caught to my recollection, but we looked for him. I was there for one of the transmissions, but he then went silent.

Bad instructions from a real AT controller? Never happens, right? (JK, used to be one myself.)

No doubt it must happen, I just haven't heard it. Where were you a controller?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom