Underway Today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for letting us tag along again, Mark. You certainly have good taste in picking your destination. Southwest and Northeast Harbors are two of my favorites. Fair winds and smooth seas to you.

Frydaze,
We are going to drop the hook for a few hours while we wait for Bunkies to open their fuel dock. I get commercial rates there and won't fuel again until Southwest Harbor. Sorry to miss you but we plan to take our time coming back in the late fall.
Moonstruck and all,
Good to have the company. The video should be a fun thing I hope.

Mark. Did you see IRONY this morning before Bill pulled out for his cruise north. He called me this morning to report you were behind him as he pulled out a 6:30 am.Larry

I wish I could have had my Gulfstar ready. I would have enjoyed following you to New Jersey. Too bad my Gulfstar's not quite ready for re-launch yet.
Bill

I did see her. She looks incredible!

Mine sure isn't ready either but I would rather "work" on her in Maine :)

Mine sure isn't ready either but I would rather "work" on her in Maine :)
Unfortunately my insurance company is requiring that I upgrade some faults found in the survey before they want me putting her back into the water. The marina should be done the work next week.
Bill

Mark did you actually see my Gulfstar lately? I haven't seen it since they washed compounded and waxed it. They were also supposed to paint the bottom black. I'm having a rudder repaired and the bearings and glands replaced.
Bill

ForumRunner_20140618_122159.jpg

ForumRunner_20140618_122315.jpg

Gorgeous day if not a little windy. We're ahead of schedule to make high tide at Reedy Point for the ride down the Delaware so it's time for a little side trip into Annapolis. Always a good thing.

I have not. Sounds very nice. I'm going to have my son wax our girl. Ought to take about the whole summer :) Also removing decks and tanks,!

ForumRunner_20140618_201100.jpg

Annapolis just in time to watch the Wed night racing! Off to NYC now. Should be about 38 hours.

Lost several items overboard the wind was so strong. Brand new venturi lexan not yet installed, etc. Our boat never heeled from wind that much in two hurricanes.

Lost several items overboard the wind was so strong. Brand new venturi lexan not yet installed, etc. Our boat never heeled from wind that much in two hurricanes.
We had a nasty front come through last night in Southern NJ. I wouldn't have wanted to be in it with either of my boats.
Glad you got through it!
Bill

We were in that general area two years ago tied to the dock in Rock Hall. A Derecho came through with 85 mph winds. It crushed a fender against the dock and my dingy with the motor on it that wasn’t tied down went vertical. Lucky the boom stopped it from flying away.
Derecho - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm guessing Hope Creek or Indian Point. :thumb:

ForumRunner_20140619_195545.jpg

Ship John Shoal Light, Delaware Bay.

Just had to stop and clean a sea strainer. There is a lot of grass in the northern Chesapeake in particular the C&D canal

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom