TV antenna

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My observation being on the eastern shore of the Chesapeake: we are out of range of consistently reliable big 3 network coverage. We have a Naval brand $500 antenna at the top of mast. If you are in the slip a directional winegard clip in window antenna will pull in more channels - as a directional antenna does. If you are in a fringe area like us, test the antenna you want before install and buy a returnable product because if you are out of range you are out of range in my opinion. We gave up over here, having a KVH M1DX installed next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Trawler Forum
For my wife and I we prefer the KVH M3 on Direct and the local TV antenna a nice Glomex V9125 works well but we are also on the fringes in Ocean County NJ, between NY and Phila only a handfull of local low power TV stations are within 30 miles.
The M1DX should give you great service in all but heavy downpours.
Bill

Bill, we are 65 miles from Baltimore. We get public channels ok but not the big three. Good to hear on the KVH. Thanks, jeff

With Digital broadcast OTA (over the air) you either have signal or you have nothing. There isn't much margin and there is no signal fading like the old days of analog TV.
Bill

Exactly. So the net effect is actually less range. Being on the fringe the signal goes off and on depending on weather and atmospheric conditions.
Jeff

Exactly. So the net effect is actually less range. Being on the fringe the signal goes off and on depending on weather and atmospheric conditions.
Jeff

That's absolutely the end result. However the plus to digital TV are sub channels, audio and translation services. The picture is fantastic as long as you have the proper CNIR.
Bill

We have a cheap RCA antenna from Walmart and have been stoked at how many channels we get each night. This evening we are tied up on the Erie Canal at lock #8 and have 5 HD channels.

Best value for dollar ever ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1403304022.050689.jpg

Free public HD is a great value. Noce boat!

Back
Top Bottom