Old 06-19-2014, 07:19 AM   #36
psneeld
Guru

City: Ft Pierce
Vessel Name: Sold
Vessel Model: Was an Albin/PSN 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.Bill11 View Post
None of that makes much sense. Danforths are great storm anchors but lousy day to day anchors. Bruce are great drop and set anchor but drag (which I agree with) so you have to power against them in a blow. And you hope to never need to rely on any anchor in a blow!?

So if I read this correctly, you won't use an anchor that makes a great storm anchor for day to day use but you will use the one that doesn't, but drags in a storm and you have to power up on it to hold. And you can predict thunder storms so accurately that you can always wait them out or have plenty of time to prepare for them. Apparently even at night while you are asleep.
Yes

Yes

Yes

and Yes....that about cover's it.

Hopefully other's will understand... as this is a post and not a book about anchoring. It is to be used with all the other posts to form a personal opinion.

And with my background....I have never been surprised by thunderstorms while anchored...because I don't usually anchor if predicted unless in a really protected area....and even then I'm not "surprised" that a thunderstorm could form. As I said in a previous post, the high, gusty winds in a thunderstorms are a short lived event usually and usually not nearly the test of an anchor as a multi-hour storm.
psneeld is online now   Reply With Quote