View Single Post
Old 06-18-2014, 07:26 PM   #9
ksanders
Moderator Emeritus

City: SEWARD ALASKA
Vessel Name: DOS PECES
Vessel Model: BAYLINER 4788
I'm not a Norstar expert, but have something to add in that type of boat.

The Norstar, at least the two I've been on are the caddilac of that size boat in terms of fit and finish. Very nicely put together boats.

As far as the engines, I'd second the getting an expert involved, but my concern is based oon the hours. 2600 hours isnt allot for the slow turning engines in a trawler, but it can be quite a few for a high HP to displacement engine which the engines appear to be. Just because its a diesel does not mean it'll last forever, and a new set of engines in a boat that size represent a significant percentage of the boats value.

In the same size range, IE approx 30' there are several choices. Some in the same price range, some less money but just as functional.

Another choice is the Osprey 30 long cabin. This is a fantastic boat as well.

The 2859 Bayliner is also a great boat, with a very loyal following. I've had two of this model boat and cannot say enough good things about the design. My last boat was a 2859 and sold with a almost new under warranty mercruiser 375 HP 496 cu in engine for the high 40's, leaving allot of money on the table for other things.
https://maps.findmespot.com/s/XLJZ#history/assets
ksanders is offline   Reply With Quote