Advice needed windshield wiper

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Billylll

Guru
Vessel Name
WIRELESS ONE
Vessel Make
36 Gulstar MarkII
On my 76 Gulfstar 36 the windshield wiper is missing. Can anyone tell me where I can get one? The arm is there but there is no blade assembly. Is there an automotive substitute? If not does anyone have a part number and a distributor where I can purchase one? I'm looking to start installing the LED Navigation lights, the house battery bank, the navigation equipment, a pair of Garmin VHF200 radios as well as a Class B AIS transponder. We'll have a life raft and a registered EPIRB.
I appreciate any input on sourcing the wiper blade assembly or the entire arm with a wipe blade assembly.
Thanks,
Bill

If you have the arm, an auto blade may work. Most come with several adapters. You will have to figure out what length blade to get. Buy one at Walmart and you can return it if it doesn't fit or you need a different length.

I replaced my blades with auto blades. They work just fine.

If you have the arm, an auto blade may work. Most come with several adapters. You will have to figure out what length blade to get. Buy one at Walmart and you can return it if it doesn't fit or you need a different length.

I replaced my blades with auto blades. They work just fine.

:thumb:

That's what I did on my trawler. Full disclosure: I only use them if the Rain-X is getting a little thin. Much prefer Rain-X if I'm taking spray over the bow.

Ted

Thanks for reminding me of RAIN-X. I'll make sure I judiciously use it on the front windows of the Gulfstar. When I said I have the arm that's all I have the entire blade and it's assembly are missing.
Thanks,
Bill

Bill: Have you looked at IMTRA, Marinco and AFI? All 3 companies have extensive marine windshield wiper lines with parts and accessories.

Last edited:
Wipers have improved dramatically since 76. I suggest any automotive blade. They all come with multiple adapters or just use a new arm as well.

Bill: Have you looked at IMTRA, Marinco and AFI? All 3 companies have extensive marine windshield wiper lines with parts and accessories.
Thanks I have IMTRA LED fixtures I didn't know they also sold wipers,
I also have Marinco AC power cables and new 30 amp inlets so I'll try them as well.
Thanks,
Bill

Wipers have improved dramatically since 76. I suggest any automotive blade. They all come with multiple adapters or just use a new arm as well.
I'd agree I will also check possible automotive substitutes.
Bill

Back
Top Bottom