• Trawler Forum Classified Posting Guidelines
    • We expect ads placed to be related to the topic of this forum.
    • Ads that are inactive for 180 days or longer may be moved to the Classified Archive and locked. Ads may be relisted if the item is still current. Alternatively, owners may contact a Moderator to reinstate an archived ad.
    • The Classified section is for advertising, members are asked to refrain from posting discussions to a Classified Ad. Please start a discussion thread or PM the owner for discussions.
    • Do not hijack another member's ad by posting unsolicited commentary. Example: if a member has posted an ad offering an anchor for sale, don't add a post to his thread stating that you have an anchor you'd like to get rid of also. Posts deemed as unsolicited commentary may be removed.
    • For your own security, do NOT include your e-mail or phone number in your ad. Instead request that interested parties contact you via PM (private message) to provide owners contact info.
    • Brokers, Dealers, or those with a commercial interest in a sale are prohibited from posting in Classifieds.
    • Only Trawler Forum Commercial Members may post ads in the Commercial section. You must be a designated Commercial Member to start threads in this section of the forum. (Contact a moderator if you have questions about this)
    • Don't post links to commercial sites where you are also offering the boat, such as eBay, Craigslist or Yachtworld, etc. unless it contains a more in-depth description, additional information or pictures.
    • Place only one ad per item (you may repost only when your ad has expired and been removed).
    For Sale ads MUST include:
    • Asking price
    • Clear statement whether you are the owner or non-owner (posting for friend, relative, or acquaintance)
    • Don't forget to select: FOR SALE, WANTED or FREE in the Title block.
    All ads should also include ALL the following:
    • Pertinent maintenance and condition information
    • Exterior picture or pictures
    • Interior picture or pictures (boats)
    For maximum impact & exposure, it is suggested the Ad Title include: Year, Manufacturer, Model, Length, Price, and Location or at the very top of the ad body. When your item has sold or the ad is no longer relevant: Please post a Reply to the ad that the item is SOLD or click "Report Post" on post 1 of the thread to ask a moderator to archive the ad. Ads may be moved or removed by our staff at any time for any reason. All ads must comply with site rules. Thanks for your cooperation.
  • Avoid Scams.

Our classifieds are free and anyone registered here is welcome to post an ad.
    Be aware that there are unscrupulous folks out there. Avoid any interaction that seems odd to you or �feels� wrong. Inquiries from unknown buyers, buyers �agents� and other non-traditional approaches should be treated with extreme caution.

Beware of unsolicited contacts offering to put you in touch with someone else who is buying or selling via e-mail or text.

Do not post your e-mail address or phone number in a classifieds ad.

Hints that you may be dealing with a Scammer:
    • Seller or Buyer approaches you via a direct email or PM and then steers you to an off-site communication method (text or email).
    • No posts or very few forum posts.
    • Recent forum membership
    • Insists on conducting negotiations via email or text rather than PM
    • Requires payment via Bank Transfer, BitCoin/CryptoCurrency, WesternUnion or other unsecured method.
    • Buyer or Seller suggests Paypal "Friends and Family" payment. Paypal is a good way to arrange payment but an invoice for goods and services should be used rather than "Friends and Family". "Friends and Family" avoids fees BUT there is no recourse if the transaction runs aground. Friends and Family is for gifts only. There is no protection for Friends and Family transactions, so never ever use it to buy something.
    • Declines to allow viewing the item before proceeding with the transaction.

42" Nordic Tug (yeah... is a trawler)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc

Guru
I am still trying to sell this sucker and I am* getting weaker on the price by the day. The last broker's listing expired yesterday and I made a new spec. sheet using Microsoft's free web site creator called office live.

Here is the link: www.sedona42.web.officelive.com

-- Edited by Doc on Friday 26th of March 2010 01:03:10 PM

Doc:
I feel for ya man! I love your boat , including its name as I have a home in Sedona, AZ.
I'm not in the market for a boat, however, so I can only offer my support.
Best of Luck!

Your boat would probably be relatively easy to sell up here given the popularity of Nordic Tugs in this area. I don't know if the added expense of transportation would put your boat at too high a price to compete with similar boats already here. Might be worth a try, though, to give it exposure in the PNW if you haven't already.

Our broker found our boat in Alameda, California and we had it trucked up here for a pretty reasonable price (in 1998). Based on that experience we would not regard buying a boat some distance from where we live to be any big deal. You're a lot farther away than California but perhaps it's possible that your final selling price and the cost of the truck could add up to a competitive deal for someone up here.

Plus your boat doesn't have a flying bridge which makes it very possible that it could be trucked without having to do anything other than remove the antennas.

-- Edited by Marin on Friday 26th of March 2010 11:24:54 PM

Simply getting the heck out of FL will bring the value up 30% .

Run the boat to the NE , on her own bottom is fairly cheap 1200miles , and you can scrub ,clean , and polish all the way.

"Paint sells Da Boat " or at least the first step aboard ,and is more important than engine selection equipment or dated (3 weak half life) electronic toys.

Anap MD is still flooded with fed "workers" that have ludicrous pay ,
and CT is still about the richest state in the union.

And FL will forever be the graveyard of dream boats.

My former broker had a prospect that wanted to move it to Seattle on a ship. The quote from Ft. Lauderdale was $25,000. Then it was reduced to $15,000 because they had some unsold space. Not a bad deal. I think that I would like to play with it a while in the PNW but probably won't.

We are using it for week long trips every month or two now and it sits free behind my house.

I'll get right on the price if someone starts chasing it, but for now it is nice to look at out back.

FF may have the right idea. Y-World shows 3 Nordic 42's, all newer and two of them with flybridges, but asking $500-750k.

Your boat could certainly get a better look up that way.

Yep....that is an excellent price!!! Good luck!!!

Price is more excellent today. Asking $309,000.

Dammit!!!!!

JD, I deleted our comments so we would not detract from Doc's for sale thread.

Somebody buy this puppy before I figger out a way to do it!!!

OK, I'm ready to deal. Asking price is now $299,900 or best offer. Boat is over kill for my current needs.

Take a swing at me...

Daaaammmmmmiiitttt!!!!

Is that pretty much an 8kt boat or can you run it 12-13 without feeling like you are running it too hard???

8.75 kts (10mph) is the sweet spot. 4 gph* /*2 mpg. That is at 1800 rpm out of maybe 2600 WOT.

Baker wrote:

DAAAAMMMMMMIIITTTT!!!!
Come on, Baker!* All you gotta do is sell the house, Mainship, dog and it could be yours!
smile.gif

dougd1 wrote:

Baker wrote:

DAAAAMMMMMMIIITTTT!!!!
Come on, Baker!* All you gotta do is sell the house, Mainship, dog and it could be yours!
smile.gif

Pretty much sums it up. *Probably have to get rid of Cyndi too...
confuse.gif

Baker wrote:
confuse.gif

Man......we have seen Cyndi.......she'a a keeper!

Doc:* I've been following your efforts to sell your boat with a great deal of interest. The specs you have provided are outstanding and the only thing that stops you from selling is the price. ($300K range) You are hamstrung by the economy and not the price or condition of your boat.Those guys in the 30 to 45 year old class want a boat with more speed and the the older guys want economy and comfort. The problem is, at the price you are asking, you are targeted towards the older boatsman who isn't about to make the leap in this economy.

Someone suggested* the PNW market might be a better market. I don't know but at the asking price you are now at, that boat would be gone!

If I were in the market for a bigger, cruising boat I would have bought Sedona a long time ago. It's a great boat for cruising anywhere!

SeaHorse II wrote:

Baker wrote:
confuse.gif

Man......we have seen Cyndi.......she'a a keeper!

Baker*

Seen a picture or two of you and of Cyndi.* Don't know how you trapped her and don't care but you probably should not put that kind of statement in writing or*least of all out on the Internet.
smile.gif

-- Edited by JD on Tuesday 3rd of August 2010 06:47:15 PM

Yeah, I know my market is cheap old farts...or cautious old farts. I know the old fart term is correct.

It always takes me forever to sell anything bigger than a car. That is probably because I buy things that few people want. So when I sell, I'm fishing in a smaller pond.

As with my houses and other boats, I'll keep gradually reducing the price until the right old fart bites.

No plans on getting rid of cyndi...she might get rid of me though....lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom