How to turn off notification on iphone app

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dwhatty

Moderator Emeritus
Vessel Name
"Emily Anne"
Vessel Make
2001 Island Gypsy 32 Europa (Hull #146)
I'm suddenly getting notifications of TF posts on my iphone of new posts on one particular thread. I have not subscribed to it and my settings "receive notifications" button is set to "off".

How do I cancel notifications of posts on this thread?

Tap on the 3 dots in the upper right corner
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1401765091.702323.jpg

The menu will show and the 3rd prompt from the top will either say Subscribe or Unsubscribe. If you are receiving notifications from that thread it will say Unsubscribe. Tap Unsubscribe and you should be good to go.

Thanks. Will try it

Have done it but I am getting more notifications on other threads I have not subscribed to. Can't find a way to turn off all notifications. All I seem to be able to do is turn each one off as it appears.

That's odd that you're receiving notifications in threads you have not subscribed to???

Let me send a message to our tech support guru and see what he comes up with David.

And I just got a notification of your reply on my iPhone and am not subscribed to this thread either.

Posting to this thread probably "subscribed" you to it again. I sent a message to "tech admin" so he may or may not reply to this thread or even PM you direct David. He's a real nice guy named Jake but he will find an answer one way or the other I'm sure.

He checks in with the Site Team infrequently so am not sure how quick his response will be.

Bet ya got a notification to this post too ;)

Yup

Arrgh! Still getting notifications. I have "push notifications" turned off too! There must be a way to turn off all notifications but in this app, I haven't found it.

I just went to the general notification center for my iPhone (not in the Trawler Forum app itself) and turned off everything under the Trawler Forum section. We'll see if that works.

Can notifications be turned off at the TF side? I don't want emails from TF even if I do contribute to a thread.

Can notifications be turned off at the TF side? I don't want emails from TF even if I do contribute to a thread.

yes. You can control your e-mail settings in your user cp (profile). You will also need to remove existing subscriptions as changes you make are not retro active to old/existing subscriptions. :flowers:

No. Once you sign up for trawler forums. We own you. We own your phone, your computer, your tablets, everything. We are watching you and your family. Resistance is futile.
Sincerely,
The TF TEAM

Wifey B: We use the full website rather than the mobile version so don't have the problem on TF. However, I get so %$!#^@ blasted %!$!%$! when other software on the phone updates and automatically sets notifications up by default. Especially when the first notification is at 3:00 AM and the phone is 6 feet from my head. I think "morning already.....oh darn.....nope where's the sun....what is going on. Oh groan moan curse phone it's 3 AM and got notified I get free something or other in some silly game I play.

Yes, I know...should turn phone off, but I just can't do that.....plus use it as alarm clock.

No. Once you sign up for trawler forums. We own you. We own your phone, your computer, your tablets, everything. We are watching you and your family. Resistance is futile.
Sincerely,
The TF TEAM
Bligh, I should warn you, I just pulled the plug on your boat…oh...sorry…too late….. :D

no. Once you sign up for trawler forums. We own you. We own your phone, your computer, your tablets, everything. We are watching you and your family. Resistance is futile.
Sincerely,
the tf team

lol

Indeed my email is full. I thought I had suddenly become popular. Alas it was only the hive commanding me to do strange things.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom