Water Gauge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jamesvas

Vessel Make
Mainship 45 Trawler
Hi all James here from Australia, this is my first post I was wanting to know if anyone knows were I can find the sender unit for the fresh water tank on my 2008 Mainship Trawler 45, not getting a reading so been guessing what my water level is?? cheers James:)

I can make a guess, but that's only based on Mainship and Silverton using the same suppliers (sometimes) and installation techniques (sometimes) in those years.

If your water gauge is WEMA brand, the sender is likely inside the water tank itself (or if you have split tanks, perhaps in the "inlet" tank). Earlier ending units were plastic and often went south. New senders are stainless, and seem to last longer. Google WEMA for parts.

Ours was too long to be immediately removable without creating an access hole in the cabinetry above the water tank/sender. Did that, replaced the sender (the trivial step), and then covered the access with a removable cover.

-Chris

Water Gauge Sender

Thank you Chris,
sorry I read my post and didn't make myself clear, it is a WEMA gauge and sender unit I just don't know were it is located on the tanks and how to access it?
there is a port and starboard tank any suggestions as to were I need to create an access hole?
Kindly appreciated,
James:)

WEMA technology typically uses in-tank sensors, so I'd say that's 90% of the solution :)

As to which tank... can't say, since our boats are different. I can tell you ours is in the fill (port-side) tank, but it would work in either. If you can see the tops of your tanks, even from a distance, or with a mirror or a digital camera... you would likely be able to identify the tank that has the "extra thing" on top.

(Our port tank has the gauge, and the fill on top. Starboard tank has nothing on top. There's a connecting hose that runs from the bottom of each thank through the bilge to level water in both tanks. BTW, in another conversation, if you have a similar cross-over hose, putting a T in that would give you a nifty way to drain tanks if you ever have winterize, or just flush...)

Once you can find the guage, you might be able to get some idea on how to access. In your boat, it might be very easy. In ours, the sendor was simply too long to remove (and the new on was too long to insert) withouth making a way for more straightwarward (mostly straight up and down) access. It happened our access would be via the bottom of a hidden storage area behind a dinette seat, so creating an access hole wasn't a cosmetic issue at all.

-Chris

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom