Daddyo, found the boat but my timing is off....still

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What do you think of the asking price for a 36 footer?

Did I miss the engine room pic?

I'm quite familiar with GB 36 Europa pricing and this is right in there. Some might not understand the price point when there seems to be others out there for thousands less.

Strange how the interior is striped clean, most boats for sale seem to have a few things left on board.

That is how I bought my boat. The owners bought another boat and moved all their personal belongings (they left the spares and electronics) onto the new boat. I'm sure a boat shows better without everything cluttering up the compartments as well.

I have to ask...

Will a 25 year old 36' boat actually sell for $180,000?

Wow!

I love my Bayliner

Seems high to me.

I'm guessing 160 ish :D

OK, interesting, Thanks!

It always amazes me what a premium some brands of boats fetch.

I won't try to compare a Grand Banks interior fit and finish to a more moderately priced production boat except to say that you pay a huge amount to go from a "ford" level interior to a "Mercedes" level interior.

My slip mates 1994 Bayliner 4788 (a ford interior for sure :blush:) is for sale. He's asking $184 so its in the same price range for a significantly larger boat.

But, I suppose for those that demand that superior interior fit and finish the price differential is more than worth it.

Last edited:
That`s the asking area for a late GB36 here, with twins. Surprised the US figure is that high, other US pricing is typically way below ours.

That`s the asking area for a late GB36 here, with twins. Surprised the US figure is that high, other US pricing is typically way below ours.

For me Twins are a negative in a 36 GB... Just my opinion. Europa is the key here, sedans are priced less and always have been.

Just for grins.... I flew across the country a couple of weeks ago and bought a 1988 Chevrolet K30 and paid 10,000 bucks for it. Most would say I could find one of those for 3000 bucks, why would you pay that much?

Just for grins.... I flew across the country a couple of weeks ago and bought a 1988 Chevrolet K30 and paid 10,000 bucks for it. Most would say I could find one of those for 3000 bucks, why would you pay that much?

:) :)

I've always had an appreciation for GBs, and the Europa model in particular. Ironically, it was Marin's incessant nattering about them that put me off, particularly the point about running the wipers in almost all conditions other than dead calm.

That is how I bought my boat. The owners bought another boat and moved all their personal belongings (they left the spares and electronics) onto the new boat. I'm sure a boat shows better without everything cluttering up the compartments as well.

Thanks for sharing that.

I've always had an appreciation for GBs, and the Europa model in particular. Ironically, it was Marin's incessant nattering about them that put me off, particularly the point about running the wipers in almost all conditions other than dead calm.

:socool:

Nice looking boat you have there.

Nice looking boat you have there.
Thanks! It suits us, but it's not for everyone - it's ferrocement. ?

She draws 6' and displaces 30 tons, so she's amazingly stable. Oddly, I don't have many pictures but here's one from Thetis Island last summer
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1402503648.237712.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom