La Perouse returning from a weekend on Orcas Island

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Carey

Guru
Vessel Name
Happy Destiny
Vessel Make
Custom Lobster Yacht

-- Edited by Carey on Monday 26th of July 2010 07:41:57 PM

BEAUTIFUL!!!....I would assume that is Mt. Ranier???

JohnNo, that is Mt. Baker. It's about fifty miles east of Bellingham, Washington. We are passing through Peavine Pass going East and across Rosario Strait. We had spent a few days in Friday Harbor, then were joined by Ruth and Marin for a few days.
Carey

This second photo is taken about a mile later than the first. Note how much smaller the mountains look. Too many foothills getting so close that they block the view of the lower mountain.

-- Edited by Carey on Tuesday 27th of July 2010 12:51:45 PM

Attachments

• dsc_0056.jpg
    dsc_0056.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 96
What are you trying to do Carey, embarrass me enough to take off all our rail covers and stuff? Not gonna work--- I'm too lazy to do it.

We will take them off for our longer fall cruise, though. Don't want the Canadians to think we're total slobs.

Marin wrote:

What are you trying to do Carey, embarrass me enough to take off all our rail covers and stuff? Not gonna work--- I'm too lazy to do it.

We will take them off for our longer fall cruise, though. Don't want the Canadians to think we're total slobs.
I just thought the boat was cold so the covers were keeping her warm.

-- Edited by JD on Tuesday 27th of July 2010 04:40:57 PM

MarinI thought your rails were blue. I never gave it a thought.*
biggrin.gif

No, they're varnished teak ("Bristol-ed", actually). The real reason we leave them on when we're out with you because we know how you--- a woodworker of some note--- get jealous every time you see the rainforest of teak on our boat because you wish you had a similar amout of wood that you could take care of on your lobsterboat. So we leave the handrail, caprail, grabrail and transom covers on because we don't want you to think we're rubbing our acres of brightwork fun in your face.

Marin*It warms the cockles of my heart that you are willing to go to that extreme for my benefit. You are truly a better friend than I imagined.*
confuse.gif

Carey wrote:

John
No, that is Mt. Baker. It's about fifty miles east of Bellingham, Washington. We are passing through Peavine Pass going East and across Rosario Strait. We had spent a few days in Friday Harbor, then were joined by Ruth and Marin for a few days.
Carey

This second photo is taken about a mile later than the first. Note how much smaller the mountains look. Too many foothills getting so close that they block the view of the lower mountain.

-- Edited by Carey on Tuesday 27th of July 2010 12:51:45 PM

Dammit, you woulda thought I could recognize Mt Baker!!!!!!!!!
smile.gif

JohnAll those volcanoes start to look alike. I couldn't tell them apart without knowing where I am at a given moment. Rainier and Baker have much the same lines, and they aren't all that different in size.

Great picture Carey

Even if Marin's boat is dressed in it's pajama's.

And glad to see you and hear you.

Eric Henning

Ditto Eric's comments.
Man, there's nothing like cruising those waters.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom