Over the road trucking 36 Mark II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Billylll

Guru
Vessel Name
WIRELESS ONE
Vessel Make
36 Gulstar MarkII
Does anyone know if the upper helm must be removed to transport a 1975-76 Gulfstar 36 trawler from Maryland to New Jersey via truck?
If the upper helm must be removed is this a difficult task?
Thanks,
Bill

yes, that move would likely require some modification. the air draft is 12.5' the water draft is another 3.5' plus you should figure 2' for trailer. for a total of 18' depending your route, 13.5' is the max height before you start having to watch out for low spots.

Is there a reason it can't go its own bottom?

Last edited:
I'm simply exploring options. Other than time there would be no reason that the boat couldn't be safely brought to NJ on it's own bottom. It looks like it will have to go on it's own bottom.
Thanks,
Bill

Last edited:
without budgeting anything for the modification to the boat, to move a 12' wide load, i think you would be in the 4-5 thousand range. I am not a shipper but i have gotten several quotes to move boats lately.

I'd think that it could be done on the water for half or less.

Bill it sounds like a great opportunity to get to know your new boat. If time is the issue do it in shorter hops.

Md to NJ is a nobrainer provided boat is seaworthy. A few days tops. It would take longer than that to haul, prep, load, drive, unload, unprep and splash for a road trip.

Cali to NJ, ok there is a tough call.

Md to NJ is a nobrainer provided boat is seaworthy. A few days tops. It would take longer than that to haul, prep, load, drive, unload, unprep and splash for a road trip.

Cali to NJ, ok there is a tough call.
You are exactly correct. I have a friend who does boat transports he owes me money. I guess I'll have to collect a different way!
Chalk that up to a bad idea!
Bill

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom