Old 05-30-2014, 08:32 AM   #9
Billylll
Guru

City: Tuckerton, NJ
Vessel Name: WIRELESS ONE
Vessel Model: 36 Gulstar MarkII
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmason View Post
Your Raymarine failure is oh so familiar. After "repairing" my Raymarine E 120 and E 80 numerous times including failed GPS, failed depth sounder and more that I choose to forget, I gave up and ripped the whole mess out. I replaced everything with Garmin including two MFDs, radar and depth sounder. 2-years later I'm more than happy with the Garmin. The one time I needed tech support, and the few times I needed some additional directions on using the equipment Garmin answered the phone immediately. With Raymarine, I actually listened to music for over an hour. Finally left a message and got a call back 2-DAYS later. I wouldn't have Raymarine equipment on my boat again ever. I'd rather use paper charts and a line with a weight on it for a depth sounder.

Sorry for the rant and for hijacking this thread but it opened an old wound and I hate to see someone else throw good money after bad. Just sayin' Howard
I'm 100% with you when it comes to Garmin marine products. There is great factory support and the updates are done via the Internet and an SD card.
I just think dollar to dollar it's hard to beat Garmin.
Bill
Billylll is offline   Reply With Quote