A Serious Cruiser

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gorgewags

Now this looks like a serious boat for the true wanderer of the seas. Not as aesthetically pleasing as some, but super functional none the less. 5.5 mpg! Nearly new power train, bow thruster, stabilized--on and on.

1966 Sutton 44 Power Boat For Sale - www.yachtworld.com

To my untrained eye, this looks like one helluva cruiser--am I missing something? I know some of the hardcores on TF talk about many of the attributes this boat has with what would seem to be envy--Pro's and Con's anyone? It's on eBay with a start of $79k.

Attachments

• Sutton 44.jpg
    Sutton 44.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 124
This boat has made her rounds a few times on this forum. It is brokered by one of the forum members, DaddyO.

Yep. she is. Not only is her broker a member here but "namsutol" AKA Kevin, her owner is too. I saw her tied up at Fells Point great looking salty boat. He wasn't around so i didn't get the tour. :mad:

Looks good as many , better than most , if Blue water is contemplated.

I have been following this boat for about 18 months. It's a real true blue water cruiser. It's made or outfitted for a couple to travel around the world. It's a very interesting vessel.
Bill

If this is a free for all puzzle, I had a look at the listing and now I will try my two cents worth at the selling elements that either could be a turnoff or could be correctable.

1) I am more used to seeing full and more formal specifications by the broker. although this boat has an incredible list of inclusions they are in the narrative or marketing section. By reversing this I feel it damages credibility

2) The pictures of the boat side on look a little weird in terms of the whaler mounted high in the back. It might be better being towed for the shot, I could say the same about the bridge canopy. If it could be curved some to look more normal it would be more attractive. I would say the same about the angle of the aerials. You cannot do much about the paravanes unless they could be deployed for the shot.

3) No selling effort should start off with a threat to remove it from the market. You set up a situation where the potential buyer seems to have to argue with money to remove the owner. this is especially true where the owners comments dwarf the broker. BTW remove all the owners stuff for the pics.

4) The steel hull may be a turn off. When a typical buyer runs a search they often specify glass and so this boat is never seen. This means to me that it needs a lot of parallel Craigs list where you cannot eliminate a hull type. As well I think there is a need to say something about the quality of the US steel, the merit of steel in a passage maker or the current status of the steel in some way let the hull sell itself

5) By thinking about the potential buyers as offshore cruisers, I think you eliminate too many prospects. i would try to pitch the boat more on the basis of live aboard comfort, attractiveness etc with a bonus of being able to island hop with less experience and more safety than most In practical terms this might mean more wide angle interior shots to appeal to the admiral and less mechanical.

6) I would lead the narrative with the question that if you saw a listing offering a head turner and featuring everything you will ever need in a boat, would you give it a some face time? Create a call to action by saying "Suttons don't come up very often and the first qualified person who might otherwise be looking for a normal trawler and gives this one a serious look will realize the difference the pedigree makes and the incredible value"

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom