Transom storage for inflatable dinghy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jake Brown

Interested in any suggestions regarding this topic - I have a GB 36 and a West inflatable

Thanks for your thoughts.

We have a GB 36 and carry an Avon 3.4 RIB with center console steering and 25 hp 4 stroke Yamaha on our swim step with a Sea Wise manual lift and Weaver Davits. Our swim step is a little wider than some others we have seen.

We use 2 St. Croix davits and find it works great. When underway we use two ratchet straps to bring the rib in tight to the boat thus preventing any swing. Quick and easy.

Attachments

• IMG-20130506-00076 (Large).jpg
    IMG-20130506-00076 (Large).jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 210
We have a 11.5ft rib with a 25hp Mercury. We reenforced the swim step and installed a Sea Wise manual system. It's easy to operate and the dink does not stick out as far in the slip.

Attachments

• 231.jpg
    231.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 154
  • 234.jpg
    234.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 193
  • 245.jpg
    245.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 182
Last edited:
I carried an 8' inflatable with 6 hp Mercury on davits, similar to La Bomba's in post #3. I used to pull it tight to the transom with a ratchet strap and put "spring lines" to keep it from swaying.

IF you have a larger stern cabin with a rail, I have a brand new set of Edson aluminum dink hardware.

There clamp on to the rail, and you lift the dink and simply drop it into the holders.

$100 plus shipping.

I have the weaver davits with a weaver leaver that supports my 8hp Johnson. Works well and is relatively cheap.

Ours is a Trillogy dinghy mount by Jatco. The dink is a Walker Bay Genesis 310 FTD (135-lbs) and the new outboard is a Suzuki DF15A electric start model (106-lbs). The lift carries the boat upright and fully loaded including motor. Our installation is set slightly further aft , so there's a small walk space in between transom and dinghy... so the swim platform is useful for boarding at floating docks. The dinghy loads from our port side (user customizable, either side can work) using a manual winch. Easy.

-Chris

Back
Top Bottom