Who is going on the water this weekend?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
M/V Sherpa
Vessel Make
24' Vashon Diesel Cruiser
Knowing that we are probably a very cautious lot, I'm guessing many of us will stay home or at port. I generally avoid boating on Memorial Day because of the yahoos on the PWC and open fishing boats. Pinellas County Florida's ICW is already challenging for slow trawlers on regular weekends.

I'm electing to stay at port and work on the boat.

Be safe! :socool:

Not me!

I have strategically placed myself in the boreal forest of Canada, 420 miles from the Pacific Ocean and 520 miles from Hudson Bay to avoid such a situation this weekend.

We are in the midst of a cruise but in port through Saturday night. There are small craft warnings through our stay. Sunday we'll head out weather permitting for an anchorage. I don't think we'll have a problem with other boaters.

If we were home we would just sit on the dock and watch the antics at the adjacent boat ramp.

I'll be "on the water", but in the slip. You'll recognize me. I'll be the one hanging upside down in the engine room...

Conditions are looking so perfect, I'm sure we'll get out sometime over the weekend, just out Port Everglades and take a fast run to nowhere in particular. Our last chance to enjoy the water at home for a while as we fly back west next Saturday for our Alaska cruise. We got out yesterday just to enjoy the water. Made a quick run to West Palm, then on up a bit further and back home.

Full of fuel and ready to go at any moment.

I'm thinking of taking the Coot out tomorrow for a run in Carquinez Strait. Waters aren't usually crowded here except for the occasional sailboat race.

Putting the boat in the water tomorrow and running her 3 1/2 hours to her home mooring. Looking forward to it is an understatement. I may see 1 or 2 lobster boats along the way.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom