• Trawler Forum Classified Posting Guidelines
    • We expect ads placed to be related to the topic of this forum.
    • Ads that are inactive for 180 days or longer may be moved to the Classified Archive and locked. Ads may be relisted if the item is still current. Alternatively, owners may contact a Moderator to reinstate an archived ad.
    • The Classified section is for advertising, members are asked to refrain from posting discussions to a Classified Ad. Please start a discussion thread or PM the owner for discussions.
    • Do not hijack another member's ad by posting unsolicited commentary. Example: if a member has posted an ad offering an anchor for sale, don't add a post to his thread stating that you have an anchor you'd like to get rid of also. Posts deemed as unsolicited commentary may be removed.
    • For your own security, do NOT include your e-mail or phone number in your ad. Instead request that interested parties contact you via PM (private message) to provide owners contact info.
    • Brokers, Dealers, or those with a commercial interest in a sale are prohibited from posting in Classifieds.
    • Only Trawler Forum Commercial Members may post ads in the Commercial section. You must be a designated Commercial Member to start threads in this section of the forum. (Contact a moderator if you have questions about this)
    • Don't post links to commercial sites where you are also offering the boat, such as eBay, Craigslist or Yachtworld, etc. unless it contains a more in-depth description, additional information or pictures.
    • Place only one ad per item (you may repost only when your ad has expired and been removed).
    For Sale ads MUST include:
    • Asking price
    • Clear statement whether you are the owner or non-owner (posting for friend, relative, or acquaintance)
    • Don't forget to select: FOR SALE, WANTED or FREE in the Title block.
    All ads should also include ALL the following:
    • Pertinent maintenance and condition information
    • Exterior picture or pictures
    • Interior picture or pictures (boats)
    For maximum impact & exposure, it is suggested the Ad Title include: Year, Manufacturer, Model, Length, Price, and Location or at the very top of the ad body. When your item has sold or the ad is no longer relevant: Please post a Reply to the ad that the item is SOLD or click "Report Post" on post 1 of the thread to ask a moderator to archive the ad. Ads may be moved or removed by our staff at any time for any reason. All ads must comply with site rules. Thanks for your cooperation.
  • Avoid Scams.

Our classifieds are free and anyone registered here is welcome to post an ad.
    Be aware that there are unscrupulous folks out there. Avoid any interaction that seems odd to you or �feels� wrong. Inquiries from unknown buyers, buyers �agents� and other non-traditional approaches should be treated with extreme caution.

Beware of unsolicited contacts offering to put you in touch with someone else who is buying or selling via e-mail or text.

Do not post your e-mail address or phone number in a classifieds ad.

Hints that you may be dealing with a Scammer:
    • Seller or Buyer approaches you via a direct email or PM and then steers you to an off-site communication method (text or email).
    • No posts or very few forum posts.
    • Recent forum membership
    • Insists on conducting negotiations via email or text rather than PM
    • Requires payment via Bank Transfer, BitCoin/CryptoCurrency, WesternUnion or other unsecured method.
    • Buyer or Seller suggests Paypal "Friends and Family" payment. Paypal is a good way to arrange payment but an invoice for goods and services should be used rather than "Friends and Family". "Friends and Family" avoids fees BUT there is no recourse if the transaction runs aground. Friends and Family is for gifts only. There is no protection for Friends and Family transactions, so never ever use it to buy something.
    • Declines to allow viewing the item before proceeding with the transaction.

For Sale: New John Deere 4045 Diesel Engine (Non Marinized)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TaylaHeartz

Hello everyone, I have a new (never used) John Deere 4045 turbo engine which was purchased for $14,000 and didn't fit the application we had. Its been sitting in the shop for a bit and its time to part with it. If interested please let me know, I can post pictures of it in the morning. Looking to get $9,500 obo. Thank You

Last edited:
Which HP? Configured for keel cooling or heat-exchanger?

SO it's an Industrial motor ?

Photos please ? Is it still on a shipping pallet ? Thanks, Cadillac (772) 285-2266

It is still on the pallet, comes with the engine box setup

Attachments

• IMAG0643.jpg
    IMAG0643.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 215
  • IMAG0651.jpg
    IMAG0651.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 220
  • IMAG0649.jpg
    IMAG0649.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 208
After 40 years with the company, as of today. I retired in 09 but have been consulting for the past 5 years excluding a month off for retirement. I have never seen a blue Deere engine. Based on the leaping Deere logo I would say this is an early 2000, 2001 or 2002 model. In 2002 (I think) the company changed the Deere logo to a two legged deer with it's front leg aiming up. My guess is this was an engine sold to a OEM manufacturer of pumps or generators with a blue color scheme. I don't mean this to be taken as it is not a good value for someone capable of doing the marinization. This would make a phenomenal trawler engine at the price with the conversion. If someone were truly interested in it I could probably date it from the serial number.

I just checked and must admit to a bit of memory lapse. Deere changed from the trademark logo shown in the picture in 2000.

Thank You Capn Craig for the information, I was wondering why it was blue as well. All the engines ive came across were green or tan.

I don't mean this to be taken as it is not a good value for someone capable of doing the marinization.

Do as the commercial operators do and use a keel cooler with a dry stack exhaust , and no marinization is needed.

This with a rebuilt Twin Disc would be a good way to travel for someone that can use the HP.

A diesel that has sat unused for 15 years hardly seems like a good deal. O rings, cylinder rings, seals, crank bearing surfaces, piston rings etc all can go bad with time unless the engine was pickled to JD specs. Let alone the on engine filter turning to mush and plugging the downstream fuel systems.

One good thing is if pickled right it has been stored in AZ low humidity.

Last edited:
Your right about it being older and being an engine that has been sitting for a while, it could possibly have issues with rings and bearings like every other engine out there. It hasn't been started except by the factory when it was tested and sold. I'm not trying to get rich off the motor as i'm just trying to find somebody that would put it to good use and get a fraction of the money back that was spent on it. A rebuilt motor of the same model that uses a 20 yr old block goes for over $8,000 and that's usually just a long block without the starter, turbo, radiator, etc. John Deere engines are very sturdy, parts are readily available and reasonably priced. An in-frame overhaul kit which would replace most of those questionable parts can be purchased for around $900. Most new 4045tf model diesel engines made by John Deere go for well over $15,000.

Id be willing to take less just for the doubts on the condition of the seals, bearings, etc. Enough to by a rebuild kit if necessary and have a fresh, NEW engine...not an old used block with a few fresh parts.

Id take $8,000 just to make room for possible issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom